Chap 15 - Urgency

I cursed reading through the contract. That bastard was not as dumb as he acted. He included the clause of me agreeing to anything their King demands after his recovery without any arguments. Fuck. I read through it again, searching for loop holes. Fortunately, there wasn't anything we had not discussed except for me agreeing to anything Xason says.

Hayden knocked on the door and came in. I knew it was him as I had told him to come here and also I could smell his scent.

"What happened?" He asked, taking a seat in front of me. I pushed forward the printed contract to him. He frowned as his eyes schemed through it.

"What is this?" Confusion laced his voice.

"Reece requested me to help his alpha and in turn he would fulfil some of my wishes. It's the contract of our agreement." I leaned back on the chair. My back was stiff from spending hours sitting on this chair.

"What does Alpha Xason needs help for?"

"Apparently, his wolf has gone ballistic and they are not able to control him anymore. Since I am his mate, I could help him with that." Hayden nodded his head at my explanation.

"Makes sense. Did you read clause 52?"

" I did."

"So what are you going to do?"

"I am signing this contract."

"Why?"

"It's for the pack's benefit."

"You never know what he can ask of you." His words held greater meaning than he intended to show.

"I know. I have handled the worst situations ever what could he possibly do to me. Other than killing me. I am sure you are capable enough to look after the pack if I am not there." I explained. His lips were set straight in a line with a frown gracing his features.

"There aren't any loop holes." He stated, shuffling through the pages.

"Nope."

"Okay, it's your call. If this goes well, then we have a great future ahead."

"Yes." I agreed. He passed me the paper as I signed it. Reece's signature was already there.

"I wanted to tell you something." He said and I looked up, urging him to continue.

"We have no lead on him. It's like he vanished into thin air. There is no trace of him."

"How is that possible? Did you look around the place where you found Robert?" I questioned, feeling dread fill me.

"Yeah, I did. Still there is nothing."

"Keep me updated on this and continue to look for him." I emailed Reece a picture of the signed contract. He nodded his head in agreement and updated me further on the progress of the Sole pack.

Just then, the telephone started ringing. Curiously, I answered it. Who could it be at this hour? It was around two in the morning.

"Alpha Athena speaking."

"Beta Reece of La luxure pack speaking." His gruff voice answered.

"Yes."

"I have received the email that you have emailed. I am Glad that you have agreed for this. Since the official paper work is done, I was wondering if you could come to the La luxure Pack now." He explained and I found myself losing my temper.

Has his fucking lost his mind?

"Beta Reece, I would like you to acknowledge the fact that it is quite late at night and I think whatever you need can wait till the morning." I gritted out. My temper was rising at an unlikeable high speed.

"I know it is not appropriate for me to aka for your presence right at this moment. But please consider that this is a case of dire urgency." His voice sounded urgent and desperate.

"What is the urgency about?"

"It's about the alpha."

"Can't it wait? I am sure, you will be able to handle it." I suggested, trying to avoid going there now. I was tired from all the work and all I wanted was to get some fucking rest.

"I request you to come here. The situation has gotten out of control." He pleased. I huffed agreeing to reach there as soon as possible.

"Do you want me to drop you?" Hayden asked. He had heard the conversation.

"No, I'll drive. Get some rest and keep an eye on the patrols while I am gone. There shouldn't be any mishap." I commanded and he bowed his head in submission.

"Yes, alpha." With that, he left closing the door behind him.

I closed my eyes as fatigued hit me like a train. I was curious. What got him so riled up that he was not able to control his wolf? Sure, he had a hard time controlling his temper but it couldn't be this bad. Well, I was about to find it out soon. Sorting out the papers in order, I locked the office and went to my room to pack.

I packed clothes for four days along with my laptop and necessary essentials. The pack house was quiet considering everyone was sleeping. My footsteps echoed through the pack house. I made my way to my house where I had my own car. Soon enough, I was driving to the La luxure pack.

If only I knew what was awaiting me there.

*********

Hey! Hope you are doing good. Short chapter but let me know what you think.

Vote and comment

Love
Ishtara