Chap 16 - Pain

Reece was standing outside of their pack house to receive me. The patrol men must have informed him of my arrival. I parked the car in the front of the pack house.

"Thank you for arriving at such a short notice, Alpha Athena." Reece exclaimed. He led me inside and I followed.

The pack house was quite familiar to me. Even though I did not know my way completely. It was eerily quiet. Not because it was late and everyone was asleep. The atmosphere was cold and deadly. I could hear a distant sound of banging but it was really faint. Almost inaudible.

"Your luggage will be taken up to your room. I hope you have a comfortable stay." He gave a tight smile. I looked at him passively. There was something he was not telling me. Something he was restraining himself to tell.

"Where is he?" I enquired without beating around the bush. He almost seemed relieved at this.

"Do you want to see him now?"

"Yes."

"Sure." He sighed out a breath. Growls were heard but like before they were distant too.

Reece led me from the enormous hall to the underground dungeons. The familiar smell of the dungeons filled my nostrils. It was twice as much worse as the dungeons back in my pack. The banging and growls became clearer as I climbed down the stairs with Reece ahead of me. It was dark inside but due to werewolf abilities I was able to see clearly. At the end of the stairs were two separate routes. We went to the one on our right. It wasn't long before we reached a steel door. My curiosity was at its peak.

"Let me tell you something, it can get bloody." Reece informed me before opening the door. I entered and the scene was not what I was expecting.

In the vacant dark room, chained to the walls with silver chains sat the mighty King on the ground. His feet were also chained up but they were longer than the ones on his hands. Those on his arms were short in length. Probably to stop him from moving his hands. His chest was bare of clothes exposing six perfect abs that glistened with a thin layer of sweat as moonlight streamed in from a small window with bars. His sweatpants covered the rest of him. The smell was horrid. But his state was much more horrifying. Infront of me was my mate who was growling and vigorously moving his hands to free him. The chains rattled as he continued to tug at them roughly. He snarled and growled tugging at them. His futile attempts seemed to fuel his anger more.

His hair was disheveled and rested on his forehead. His forearms had patches of dirt on them and so did his waist. He did not even acknowledge my presence and like him I failed to acknowledge the presence of others in the room too.

"Who is that?" I turned to my left to see a lady with brown hair and enchanting green eyes. Her facial structure seemed familiar. Nonetheless, she was beautiful.

"Athena Black, Alpha of the Luna Rossa pack." I beat Reece at the introduction. Her eyes widened in recognition and she gave me a bright smile.

"I am Elizabeth Anderson, Xason's mother." That explains why she looked familiar.

"Nice to meet you."

"Likewise. It's a shame we had to meet under such circumstances." She looked at his direction and sadness filled her eyes.

"So, what do we do?" I asked, noticing a third figure beside Elizabeth. She was a doctor which was obvious due to her attire.

"We need to sedate him to stop him from hurting himself. It would get worse if he is not stopped." She explained worriedly. The tiredness visible in her eyes.