Chap 18 - Familiar

The maid from yesterday had come early in the morning notifying me that the king was asking for my presence. For what? I had no clue. The important thing was I didn't want to end up with another injury from him. I had my fair share. With curiosity in my heart, I freshened up and changed into a loose tshirt to avoid it grazing the dressing and a pair of leggings. The wound had healed a lot. It didn't hurt whenever I moved so doing chores was much more easy. Only the edges were left to heal. I can tell that it would leave a scar seeing how deep it was when I changed the dressing.

I checked my phone while walking downstairs to where he was. There were no emails which needed my attention still I texted Hayden asking about the pack even though it was not needed. He could handle everything just well. Abruptly, pain shot through my waist as I bumped into a hard chest. I clutched the phone to avoid it from slipping and shattering into pieces.

Looking up, I noticed familiar blue eyes staring at me. The man had brown hair with light creases on his face which was odd as werewolves do not age after 30 years.

"I am sorry. I did not notice where I was going." I apologized moving a step back. His face looked awfully familiar.

Where have I seen him?

"It's alright, darling." He warmly smiled and my heart beat increased at the sound of his voice. I know this voice.

Who is he?

"If you do not mind me asking, who are you? You are not from this pack." He questioned furrowing his eyebrows. Confusion written on his face.

"I am Alpha Athena from Luna Rossa pack." I introduced myself and he nodded his head in acknowledgement.

With a tight smile, I walked past him making my way to the stairs. I took a last glance at him. Even his built looked familiar.

Do I know him?

The familiarities are too much to ignore. Shaking my head, I got rid of my thoughts and quickly went to the dungeon. The horrid smell suffocated me. With heavy steps, I reached his room. Two guards were outside the room and one opened the door for me bowing his head in the process.

The sight was same as before the difference was that it was only him and I. His eyes locked with mine as the door closed behind me. He looked better than the last time I saw him. Hopefully, he won't rip me into pieces. His hands and legs were still tied to the wall and floor. I had come to know that all the tugging and banging had caused the chain to come off from the wall due to which he was able to hurt me. Otherwise, he couldn't have considering how short the chain is. The amount of strength required to break chain is unimaginable. How he managed to do that is beyond my imagination.

"You asked for me?" I enquirer taking a good look at him. There wasn't much difference except he was cleaner than before. Probably cleaned him up when he was knocked out.

"Yes. I want you to stay here for a couple of days until I recover." His voice raspy as if he just woke up from sleep. I would be lying if I say it didn't get me feeling things.

"And why is that?"

"I would like you to stay so that we can talk about the deal that you have made. Also to celebrate your effort in this matter." I acknowledged this matter to be his condition. Staying here was too much to ask for but the deal was important. It needed to be done at any cost.

"How long?"

"A few days."

"And how long is a few days?"