Ch.3 The Other Side of the Story

Disclaimer I do not own Demon Slayer or My Hero Academia

Narrator POV

To get to this side of the story we have to go back a little in time.

4 years ago

The day Izuku left

Izumi Pov

Why would he say that? I thought he wanted this? Does he not love me? No he looked desperate like he thought this was his last resort. I'm sorry brother I should have noticed sooner that you needed help with your emotion problem. I knew I shouldn't have listened to mom this isn't a phase or something he will grow out of, he needs help. However, my friends reacted different to this revelation from my brother. Katsuki looked like he was about to straight up kill him, Shoto looked like he also wanted to kill him but for some reason it felt different compared to Katsuki's, and Katsumi and Shoka just looked at him in disappointment and me in pity. 

Katsuki: That fucking bastard! How dare he make Izumi cry! I knew he was a fucking weirdo but to think he would make himself a Deku.

Shoto: I guess he couldn't handle the pressure of a Tsuguko. I was right it should have gone to Izumi. 

Shoka: Are you okay Izumi? I know this had to be devastating news. I can't believe he would want to quit.

Katsumi: I know right he was literally the strongest in our age group at school.

Izumi: shut up...

Katsumi: What was that Izumi?

Izumi: I SAID SHUTUP!

(They were surprised about the outburst and confused.)

Izumi: DON'T YOU DARE TALK ABOUT MY BROTHER LIKE THAT IN FRONT OF ME EVER AGAIN OR WE'RE DONE! THIS GOES FOR ALL OF YOU!(starts calming down) I'm sorry but he is still my brother and family will always come first to me no matter their occupation. Now let's just go back to shopping I'll talk to my brother tonight. 

Katsuki: 'I've never seen Izumi lose her cool like that. But she needs to realize once this gets out it would just be everyone else. That's just how our society is.'

Shoto: 'Why the hell is she defending that Deku. It doesn't matter if he's family he always be a Deku to society.'

Shoka: 'Izumi is right but I don't the rest of Japan would think the same.'

Katsumi: 'Must be nice having a sibling that cares that much.'

Narrator Pov

They continued shopping but it was tense the whole day and none of them would be the same again after that day.

Now let's fast-forward to right after Izuku's conversation with his parents.

(Toshinori and Inko had just walked out of the Café)

Inko: Don't you think you were a little to harsh back there.

Toshi: *sigh* Probably but it was for his own good. If he were to quit and the media found out they would eat him alive. It would destroy him I've seen it happen before.

Inko: Your right we do live in a cruel world even if the demons didn't exist. There will always be demons in people's hearts and it's ugly when they reveal themselves. However, you probably should have broken the news to him better.

Toshi: Your right as usual. I'll explain my decision better during dinner tonight. Hey maybe he can try some new things in between his training and eventually his slaying. It would probably be hard though to find the time but I know once he set's his mind to something he won't stop until it's done.