Ch.27 A Broken King

Disclaimer I do not own My Hero Academia nor Demon Slayer

I only own the plot and original characters

--

Narrator Pov

Izuku pushed a piece of wall off of him as he coughed lightly. He looked up and couldn't stop himself from gulping in fear. The entire district was gone, nothing but rubble and debris. Tanjiro stood in the middle of the carnage....shaking. Tanjiro brought his hands to his ears as if he was trying to make something shut up. Izuku saw this and knew his chance had finally arrived, it was time to go through with the plan.

Izuku: Sun Breathing: Final form, Hinokami Kagura

Izuku leapt at Tanjiro at full speed looking like a shooting star. Tanjiro barely raised his sword in time to block as Izuku slammed into him with a strike. Tanjiro got launched back but his tendrils were able to help him back up. Tanjiro kept a hand on his head as he collapsed to one knee.

Izuku: Tanjiro Kamado! What is a human live worth to you?

Tanjiro looked up to Izuku with rage in one eye and the other full of remorse. Izuku however, remained passive as he awaited an answer.

Tanjiro: WORTHLESS COMPARED TO A DEMON! /precious.

Tanjiro responded at the same time as if two different people answered. After the answer Tanjiro started to claw his head making him bleed. Izuku kept a passive look as he began his next question.

Izuku: Do you enjoy killing? Does it bring you satisfaction?

Tanjiro: YES, VERY MUCH!/no.

Izuku: If Kanao was a human would her life be worthless?

Tanjiro looked down as it struck the floor making large cracks in the ground as he continued to struggle. Izuku remained passive as Tanjiro glared at Izuku with rage but it quickly diminished.

Tanjiro: ....../no.

Izuku sighed as Tanjiro tried to stand but he couldn't as he struggled to maintain balance. Izuku could tell something was wrong with Tanjiro's head and he only had a small idea on what it was. Tanjiro never let his head go as he continued to claw at it making the ground a bloody mess.

Izuku: Have you forgotten? Have you forgotten that you were once human too?

Tanjiro stopped clawing and went completely still after the question. Izuku readied his guard as he didn't know what Tanjiro would do. Tanjiro looked at him with a passive look but Izuku noticed one eye looked like the usual red eyed slit while his other looked more burgundy and had a pupil.

Tanjiro:..../.....

Izuku backed up a little as he felt something was off with the king. Tanjiro stood up slowly with that same impassive look that made him look insane. The tendrils on his back started to wriggle in an extreme motion as veins bulged all over Tanjiro's body.

Tanjiro: SHUT YOUR MOUTH!

Tendrils all shot at Izuku who easily destroyed them but wasn't expecting a energy beam to leave Tanjiro's mouth. Izuku barely dodged it as it hit a building not far from them comleptly disintegrating it. Izuku was forced on the defensive as Tanjiro charged with Sun Breathing and used his tendrils to try and poke Izuku with poison during the clashes. Izuku managed.

However, Tanjiro wasn't completely focused on the fight as he couldn't help but remember the day Kanao became a demon.

--