Chapter 20

Ashton

She was serious this time, she was going to end it all. I know why she wants to, but I don't know when all of the changes started happening. She was so sweet and happy all the time. But now its like the version of Skye doesn't even exist. I want to help her, but can't.

We wait in the front of the hospital while the Doctors and Nurses take Skye back into surgery. I want her to stay, I want her to stay more than anything in the world. I love her, but I don't think she loves me any more. This is all just to difficult for me to process. She needs to be alright, she needs to be here.

"Skye? Ashton! Ashton, oh there you are! I've been looking for you everywhere!" I turn my head and see Skye's mom. She has long brown curly hair like Skye, she's tall like Skye, but doesn't have the facial features like her.

"Hi, it has been a long time since we've seen each other. How have you been?" I ask rubbing the back of my neck awkwardly.

"I've been good. I've heard that you and the others have gone on tour a few times, how was that?" I shrug.

"Fun, I was in the back most of the time. You know, with me being the drummer and all." She nods and I lead her over to the front desk.

"Hi, my daughter Skye was sent here after being hit by an oncoming vehicle, when would I  be able to see her?" Skye's mother asked. The people behind the desk typed on the bulky computers and whispered to herself.

"Ma'am, I'm sorry but she is still in surgery. She won't be able to have any visitors until tomorrow. We will call you when she is ready. Is that alright?" She nodded.

"Yes, that is quite alright." We walked back to the others and told them about what happened. After that we all drove back over to Skye's house. It's so different without seeing her dad here.

We walked out to the family room and sat down. The silence was so think you could cut through it with a butter knife. Nobody wanted to speak, and I know why.

"So how long has Skye been like...this?" ThisWhat does she mean by this?  Having deppression? Hurting herself? Being suicidal? She would know if she stayed with her instead of leaving.

"We don't know. She told us a few weeks ago, and that's it." Calum replied. We stayed quiet after that. The only noise that was there was the sound of our own breathing.

Skye please stay. I need you, I love you. I said in my head. She has to stay.