Chapter 3 [edited]

Skyelynne

I sat in the back of the room like always, being unnoticed and silent. The lads sat two rows ahead of me, looking back every so often and nodding. It felt like I did something wrong and they're going to hurt  me now.

I pushed the thought away and doodled in my notebook. I'm not big on art but I like drawing the little things. That's what makes a difference.

I thought about this morning when Luke found about the abuse. Why did I tell him not to tell Ash? Why can the others know but he  can't? Do I like Ash? No, we're just friends and he probably doesn't even like an abused teenage girl.

"Skyelynne." The teacher called out.  "Put your stuff away and go see the counsler, she's been meaning to speak with you." I slid my notebook into my bag. Students snickered and acted like 6 year olds as they whispered about me.

Ashton looked back at me with big eyes,  but I walked out of class. The whole school knew about the abuse, except for the guys. When they had left someone saw my dad abuse me through my window and they decided to tell the whole school about it. But they didn't help.

I opened the door to the counclers office quietly and stepped inside. A young woman about 30 sat at the far edge of a rounded table working on some things on her Mac Book.

"Mrs. Lewis?" I asked softly. She jerked her head up and smiled faintly.

"Skyelynne, come, come I want to talk to about something." Her tone was calm and soothing. I sat down and played with my jeans as she cleared away her things.

"So." She started off, "What is going on with you and Ashton?" Was this about gossip or the abuse?

"I don't know what you mean." I said.

"Are you two dating or something?" She questioned.

"No!  He's like my brother. " I said even though it was true.

She shook her head. "It didn't seem that way when he hugged you this morning." She said smiling.

"It was just a hug." I said as firmly as possible. "And shouldn't we be talking about my father?"

"I'm not worried about that. I just want to know what is going on with you and Ash-" I cut her off with a scream.

"You're not worried about how I'm always being abused!? Do you not see the bruises and blood!?" I yelled. The counsler looked taken back. I got up from my chair and walked out of the room, slamming the door behind me.

The lads were talking outside of the guys bathroom and glanced at me as if I did  do something wrong. I walked faster until Michael called my name.

Ashton

Micheal walked after Skye and she stopped, looking at his eyes. "What?" She demanded.

"I was wondering if you would like to go out with me this Friday night." He said without hesitation. Skye looked surprised and shook her head no.

"Sorry I don't like you like that. I like someone else." She walked off and Michael yelled out, "Who?" She turned around and smiled.

He turned back around smiling. "Well, you can ask her out now." He said.

"No." I said, "I'm going to wait till tomorrow so she won't feel like we're asking her to make someone jealous."

"Okay, whatever you say man." Micheal said.

Hey, hope you guys enjoyed this chapter.

Please vote, comment, share, and fan!

Thanks my loves!