Chapter 31

Skyelynne

~2 months later~

It has been two months and I've gone to physical therapy and and a shrink, but I'm not back at school yet. It doesn't matter to me, I don't like school or anybody there so I don't care.

"Skye? I have some good news." Ashton creeps threw my new bedroom door. I look up at him threw half slit eye lids.

"What?" I groan sitting up and looking at him. He chuckles and sits on my bed. For the last few months I've been living with Ashton.

"The school said you come back if it's okay with your therapist." I frown and slump over.

"And how is this good news?" I grumble throwing the blankets off of my now exposed skin. He shrugs.

"So you can show everyone bow strong g you are. Get ready, we need to go to an interview." I roll my eyes and swing my legs over the edge of the bed. I hesitantly stand up and balance myself then walk to my closet.

"Luke! Luke!" I scream as I rummage through my clothes. Luke runs in with only is boxers on, I've gotten pretty used to seeing the boys in just their boxers.

"What?" Luke screams looking around my room frantically. I giggle.

"I don't have any jeans left, did you guys wash them last night?" I ask still looking.

"Yeah, they're still drying. Just wear some shorts, it's going to be hot anyways." He shrugs. I shake my head.

"No, that's not a good idea." I argue.

"Skye, just wear some shorts. Who cares if everyone sees your scars?" I do. I care. I sigh and shoo him out if my room and grab some white high wasted shorts and my black All Time Low tank top. I walked down the spiral staircase to be greeted by the boys.

"You ready?" Michael asked grabbing the car keys. I nor and follow them out the door. I looked down at my legs occasionally to see white scars covet my thighs. A tight grip was on my hand, followed by a squeeze.

"You'll be okay, okay?" Ashton whispered. I smiled and slid into the backseat with him and Calum. Michael and Luke sat in the front. Luke rolled down top and the sun blurred my vision.

"Well I'm blind now, thanks Luke." I mumbled. He chuckled and gave a thumbs up. The car started and we drove down the road with music blasting and the boys singing. They urged me to sing but I refused, constantly looking at my legs. God I felt so self-conscious.

When we stopped at a red light other teens in another car looked over at us, pointing and whispering. I sunk down in my seat to try and hide myself. The light turned green and we sped off, my body still slumped in the seat. I felt my butt vibrate as I pulled out my phone to see a notification from Isntagram. I clicked on it to see a picture of me from just a few seconds ago.

The caption read, "Looks like she isn't dead. It would be better if she was. #solongskye" I turned my phone off and set next to me, wrapping my arm around my torso. I felt Ashton's hand brush against my arm.

"What happened, you seem sad." I look back at him and throw out a fake smile.

"I'm fine, perfectly fine." I bit the inside of my cheek while he scanned my eyes.

"Tell me the truth, you're obviously liying." He urges. I roll my eyes.

"I'm fine, Ashton. Really." Same old excuse to the same people. Some things never change. He shrugs his shoulders and turns his attention back to the front window.