Chapter 8 [edited]

Skyelynne

I turned around and saw Ashton. His hair was a mess, his clothes hung on him awkwardly, and his eyes were bloodshot. Like he's been crying.

He stepped forward and I  stepped back. I'm doing what my father said so I won't get as hurt. He frowned and stepped forward again, this time I  didn't do anything.

"Skye, why didn't you tell me about the abuse?" He handed me my phone and backpack. I yanked them away from him and scrolled through my texts. Luke texted me, about the abuse.

"I-i don't know what to say." I stutter he moves quickly and wraps his arms around my waist pulling me closer.  I don't move, I'm to stunned to do anything.

"Why? Why wouldn't you tell me?" He whispered. I shook my head. His grasp got tighter and I couldn't breathe. I struggled to get out of his arms, but couldn't. He kept getting tighter and tighter

"Ashton. I. Can't. Breathe." I try to say. He let's go and steps back, I gasp for air as I fall to the ground. "I didn't tell you because I'm not supposed to." I say after I caught my breathe.

I stand up and grab my things. "Luke found out because he some how knew what was going on." I say brushing myself off.

"Why didn't you tell me!" He screamed out. I flinched back. He saw and I could tell he was hurt.

"Because I knew that this would happen." I whispered. Again he got closer and I tripped over the pavement. He knelt down next to me and pushed away my hair. I flinched and covered my head, a normal thing for me to do.

He got up and walked away, not looking at me.

Ashton

I scared her, I hurt her. I didn't know what  to do, I just...got upset. By me screaming at her I saw fear in her eyes, the same fear she comes to  school with.

I walk inside and go to my locker. I pound it with my fist in anger. The pound goes through my knuckles and shoots up my arm.

I'm such an idiot! I say to myself. Thing's couldn't become any worse with this day.

Kids finally end up showing their faces in the halls about 10 minutes later. Luke, Calum, and Michael come up to me moments later. There faces hard.

"What did you do to Skye? She's in the bathroom crying her eyes out." Luke spat.

"She left her stuff at my house and when you texted her about the...you know, thing. I found out, and I got overwhelmed this morning and might have screamed at here." I finished off. Luke looked at me stunned.

"You're hiding something, what is it?" He pressed. I scratched the back of my neck and  said,

"I might have hurt her. But it was an accident!" I added quickly. His eyes went somewhere else and he ran off.

"Luke! Luke, what are you doing!?" Micheal and Calum shouted. I shoved my head in my hands and stiffled a sob.

"It's all my fault. I shouldn't have asked about the stupid scar!" I mumbled through an on coming sob.

"What scar?" Calum asked. I looked up, my vision was blury with tears.

"She has a knife like scar on the back of her neck. When I asked she flipped out." I said pausing. "That's all I know."

Skyelynne

I sat in the bathroom and sobbed. He acted just like my father, the screaming and holding me till I couldn't breathe.

The door swung open and I looked up. Luke stood there looking down at me. I pushed myself closer yo the wall, wishing that I could just dissapear.

He bends down and sits next to me. I flinch when his hand touched mine. "It's okay. I'm not going to hurt you." He said soothingly. The same words my father said before he'd beat me.

"I don't know that, and you don't know what your going to do." I scrambled to my feet and ran to the door. He blocked it and stared at him.

"Let me out." I hissed. He didn't move.

"No. Look I'm sorry about Ashton. He didn't know what to do and he was just overwhelmed." I shook my head and laughed.

"That's what it always is. Don't you see? I'm here just so I can be someone else's punching bag. That's all I'm good for. Now let me out."  He moves and I exit the bathroom.

So? Did you guys like this chapter?

Which chapter is your favorite out of this book?

Please vote, comment, fan, and SHARE!

More updates will come your way today, because I'm sick! Yay.

Anyways please enjoy this book along with my others!