-(9)-

7 hours earlier

7 hours earlier

I woke up from the best sleep I had ever had in my life. Wrong I know. My parents just died and yet I sleep like a baby. I was always worried about Eli down in that room when I heard her screams. My mum would smile at the sound. I always thought that maybe if I said nothing, they wouldn't start onto me. I remember when I was nine, and Eli asked me, and I yelled at her that no way in hell did I want her in my room. 

She didnt ever ask after that and refused to even set foot in my room.

I rolled over and looked at the time. 11. Huh. And my brothers didnt even wake me. I got up with a spring in my step and had a quick shower. I put on a cute crop top which was a pinkish colour and a patterned skirt that reached just below my thighs. 

Perfect.

 I go downstairs to quietness, not a sound from anywhere, even when I stopped breathing to hear better. No one was here. I guessed they were at work, but this early?

"Morning.", I heard a voice say behind me, causing me to squeal and quickly turn around, jumping as I did, only to see Luca sat at the dining table behind me reading a book with a plate of eggs infront of him.

"Ahh.", I jumped to see Luca stood smirking at my reaction. 

"Sorry, you made me jump. Morning to you too.", I said to him, with a small smile, in which he gladly returned.

"Where are the others?", I asked him, still looking around hoping that one of them will walk in soon. He looked uncomfortable for a moment, before coughing and smiling at me.

"They went to go get your twin sister.", he said calmy, but I could tell he was concerned. I didn't see why, she has taken care of herself for years now and she's pretty good at it to be honest.

"What? Are you crazy. She is legit gonna kill me. Oh my god. She will just run further and further." I cried out, waving my hands in the air for effect. Luca came over after a moment and pulled me into a reluctant hug, rubbing circles on my back. It was pretty obvious that he had never done it before though.

"Dont cry, it will be fine, I promise.", He said in my ear calmly, which didn't really work, but either way I smiled at him and stepped back, as he went and sat back down at the table.

"Breakfast?", He asked as I nodded in agreement. He got me a bowl of cocoa pops and milk. I sat down, eating in the akwardness of it all. We both sat there in silence as we ate, making eye contact every now and again but still not saying a word.

"Um Everly, Your sister seemed to get hurt from something when we fount her.", He said, squirming in his seat. Liar. I could tell, I could always tell when people were lying to me, Elijah was really smart, but I was really observant. He wouldnt look me in the eyes as well, a clear sign of dishonestly.

"So we are gonna go back to california.", I asked. He just nodded his head as I nodded and ate my breakfast as slowly as I could. I didnt want her here and she knew that I didnt, I also knew she definately didnt want to be here either. I reluctantly grabbed an overnight bag and got into the car.