-(29)-

When I first met Elijah by the lake she did take me by surprise

When I first met Elijah by the lake she did take me by surprise. She stood there in sweatpants and a huge jumper which I guessed was probably her brothers. I knew who she was. And I knew she had 5 brothers and 11 cousins. All boys. I didnt know she was a twin though. Our job was to do what we were payed to do and stay away from the household. It was a rule really. No talking to them, dont even look at them. I thought they were really snobby and uptight.

But when we spoke to eachother she wasnt snobby. She was cool and alittle intimadating. I was use to the casual hookup, or the simple flirt with the girls. It was never anything serious or something I though would actually go somewhere.

But when her hair was flowing wildly in the wind, and she didnt care that she looked like a mess, made her look even more perfect. She loved my flowers. She was totally in a trance when she was looking at them and smelling them. I stared at her alot, which I think freaked her out as she said she had to go home.

I wanted to ask for her number but I was too scared. Too scared? Me? I was so use to girls throwing themselves at me I guess it was pretty weird for me to meet a girl like Elijah. When I saw her at school that day, the look Damien gave her was like he had just found a new bone to play with. I dont get why the girls like him. Hes not even that cute. But I knew her brothers would freak out if I asked her out. I mean the saying is "Bros before hoes", but to be honest, Elijah was far from it.

When I met her sister it was kind of like the opposite. She was all shy and kept trying to flirt but it just made her look desperate. When I asked about her sister its like I killed a puppy or something. 

I took her to class and I really got to know her. Well she got to know me more.

She was cool, and smart, and sarcastic but could take a joke. I could tell family was a touchy subject for her so I would let her take her time. At the end of lunch I went to find her. My friends and I left the lunch room twenty minutes early so we could play some football. I ran up to her and she looked so pretty. She want wearing really slutty clothes like the rest of the girls here. She just looked like normal. 

When she said yes, I was jumping laps in my head. When I went to pick her up I was more excited than nervous. I had something planned for her birthday but I knew I had to ask her tonight. She looked so hot but cute at the same time. Her brothers were scary I have to admit. When I saw the gun in his pocket I must admit my heart did drop. But it made me like her more that her family was protective of her.

I just hoped everything went well.

He looked so nervous as we walked to his truck

He looked so nervous as we walked to his truck. He opened to door to me and I looked back to see my brothers, cousins, father and the rest of my family looking out of different windows in the house. I use my hand to wave them away quickly as I put my seatbelt on.

"So, do you want to go straight to the fair, or do you want to do something else, we can go get food?", He asked. He was evidently nervous as he had a tight grip onto the wheel.

"Well we could go to the fair for a little bit then get something to eat?", I ask. He nods his heads and smiles. He turns the radio and we set off towards the fair.

"So what are you into?", He asks.

"Well I love being outside, and I love my family.", I say. "You, what about your family?", I ask. He goes tense when I ask. 

"Um well I have a little sister, her name is Laura, and my mother is at work. We are orginally from scotland", He says. I get that it was a touchy subject so I stopped asking. We sat in a comfortable silence on the way. Now that I think about it he does have a slight scottish accent. I thought it was just italian.

Song for this bit, Kind of like a montage: Pennies from Heaven by Louis Prima.

The fair was very beautiful, with hanging lights everywhere. I had never been to one before and it was full of screaming children and alot of teen girls and teen boys walking around. 

Bradley put his arm over my shoulder and I looked up and smiled at him. We made our way around the rides, and got candy floss. It was a perfect night. We went to a stand to get a present. It was a shooting game and he had already put three euros in. I take the gun from him and do it first try. I just smile weakly at him as he looks at me shocked.

"You really can do everything", He says. We end up at the top of the ferris wheel. This was such a cleche spot to have your first kiss but it was perfect. I knew he was thinking the same thing as we both leaned it at the same time and our lips met.

It was awkward at first but then it turned into something a whole lot more as we both leaned into the kiss. It was like fireworks and Its something I could do all day. This was the best birthday gift I could get. When we break away he has a huge grin on his face. It was so cute how happy he was. I blushed at him. This boy is making me blush. What happened to a few weeks ago when I was in that basement with Chad.

I look back to him and he holds my hand. 

"I ugh, wanted to ask you something.", He says. 

"Sure go for it.", I say back.

"Do you want to date, I mean like we date, I mean like you be my girlfriend.", He asks. I throw myself at him and kiss him again making the cart rock forwards and back as we laugh.

"Of course I will Bradley, wait I never got your last name.", I ask.

"MacMillian", He says quickly whilst going in for another kiss. It was better than the first and I honestly felt complete. I look around to see Carlo, Marco and Danielo there eating candyfloss looking for something. I felt so angry but I kept my cool. We got off the ride and I point them out to Bradley and he just smiles. Like he expected it.

 We leave the fair and we go and grab some food. He drove us to a clearing in a woods.

"This is the part where you murder me", I joke. He looekd deadly serious. I look at him and he burst out laughing.

"Jesus you should of seen your face.", He says. I playfully punch him in the shoulder whilst he keeps laughing.

We sit in the back of his truck and he brings out a blanket as we sit there against eachother eating out food. We laugh and joke. I look at the time and I see that it was half 11. Shit its a twenty minute drive home. I text Mason. I dont know why I didnt text my father but I guess I was just more comftable with him.

Hey Im going to be home in twenty sorry I didnt see the time x 

Okay thats fine, stay safe x

I look at the text and show it to Bradley. He sighs and gets up. It was like he was dissapointed which was really cute. He drove me home and gives me a kiss goodbye. I wave as he drives off. I look up to the house and see that Carlo, Marco and Danielo were home already. 

I walk in to see something I never thought I would see. Or someone.