-(16)-

I was busy with paperwork to do with a shipment coming in, I had really laid it off with worrying about the girls and making sure that they were safe and well from all the other groups, last night we had to kill off a snitch and I'm pretty sure th...

I was busy with paperwork to do with a shipment coming in, I had really laid it off with worrying about the girls and making sure that they were safe and well from all the other groups, last night we had to kill off a snitch and I'm pretty sure the girls saw something, even Everly was acting distant and she is normally such a suck up towards us all, when I heard the sound of one of the girls screaming in pain as it echoed around the house. I grabbed the gun that was taped under my desk and raced downstairs to Everlys room.

 When I got there, I opened the door slowly with my gun raised, to see that she was fine and was sleeping though it peacefully, her hair covering her face as it blowed in and out infront of her face as she breathed. She must be used to it? 

I was frozen for a second before the sound echoed around the house once more, which snapped me back into reality as I realised Elijah might be hurt. I ran in as the boys followed behind me, only to the worst sight I've ever seen.

My little sister was pushing around in her bed frantically as if she was trying to get something off her, punching and kicking the air. She was gasping for air and screaming her lungs out whenever she might be able to catch her breathe. 

"STOP, PLEASE, I PROMISE I DIDNT,  I DIDNT, I SWEAR.", she screamed out as her voice became even more herse. The boys jumped into action as she started to scratch her arms as if she had a rash as the held her down so she didnt hurt herself. I was frozen in my spot as I just stared in surprise.

I hated to see the strong and stubborn sister I had come to know be hurt my one sick asshole. 

"IT HURTS, STOP PLEASE", She wimpered out, tears falling out of her eyes. I slowly made my way over to her, placing my gun on the drawer next to the door and sat on the bed. 

 I shook her slowly and whispered her name, shaking her more and more, in which she woke up in shock as she quickly sat upright and stopped crying instantly. She pushed me off her quickly and sat to the back of the headboard, tucking her legs into her arms. I tried to grab her hands but she moved back and screamed in terror. 

I admit that hurt that she was afraid of me.

"Get out.", I ordered the boys in a stern tone. For once they got the hint and left and shut the door behind them, not before Raf collected my gun and gave me a nod in approval.

I looked back at at Elijah as I stared at her bewildered by what had just happened. I composed myself quickly as I tried to think of a way to see her face.

"Hey El? Can you look up so I can see your pretty eyes?", I asked her softly, probably the softest I've ever been. She looked up to me after a second and stared at me in the eyes, sniffling as she did, her eyes bright red from crying. 

I looked at her sore cheeks and puffy eyes, her cheeks having tear stains over them. I felt so much guilt for not being there, for not killing that assholes. Why didnt we fight harder? 

Dad was in prison so lets say its useless asking him and I promised him I would never go visit. I havent told him I fount Everly and Elijah yet, and for good reason. 

He was trying to find a way to make an alliance with the Spanish mafia by marrying off one of my sisters to his oldest heir. He was the same age as Everly and Eli and I think it is way too soon to even think of marrying our sisters off. My grandfather was surprisingly against it, he normally would of loves this thing for the family but he was protective of the girls for some reason.

Oh god, I havent told them either, they would probably hoard them with questions, though I have a slight inclanation that they would favourite Elijah over Everly.

El pulled me out of thinking as she poked my cheek, giving me a look of confusion. I smiled at her as I layed down on the bed, tapping the side of me for El to lay down. She matched her breathing with mine and calmed down which made me calm down. She put her head on my chest as I played with her hair and put my arms around her to keep her warm as she was shivering, tears still imprinted on her cheeks. 

She fell asleep soon after as I stroked the back of her head as I heard her sweet snores. I Just layed their thinking about how strong and just insanely cool I thought she was. I couldnt stand anyone hurting my baby sister. 

I left the room after a few hours to make sure she was in a deep sleep, distraught that I couldnt punish the bastard who did this to her, I stalked back to my office, sitting down, putting the gun back under my desk which Raf must of left there when I was done. He must of had friends right? I wonder if they did anything. It made me furious just thinking about it.

Ring, Ring, Ring......

My phone lit up to see it was a private number.

"Hello?", I said, filling out the rest of the paper work.

"Did you miss me?", I heard the phone say, a familiar voice said into my ear. I widened my eyes when I reconised the voice.

"Mason.... I hope you have kept it going since I had to leave, now, how are my dear daughters?", He laughed into the phone, a cold laugh may I add.

All I felt was anger cursing though my vains. This man abandoned us to survive on our own when we were alot younger and now he thinks he can just call out of the blue?

"What do you want father.", I spat out father like it was venom in my mouth.

"Now Now dont talk to me with such disrespect, I just want to meet my daughter. Alliences dont go making themselves these days Mason. They will have to married off eventually and why not one we can all benefit from." He said, with no remorse whatsoever for the little girls that are suppose to be his daughter. 

I felt like I had to protect them.

Even if it got me killed.

--------------------------------------

EDITED!