Ch.20 South Dakota

POV: 3rd person

The bots didn't see the point in going back to the hotel, instead they simply found an isolated placed to go over everything.
Everything was silent, even the wind seemed to hold its breath. Silent tears rolled off faceplates, trying to remain strong through the heartache.

"We should call this Strange person." Arcee spoke, being the only one willing to keep moving.
Some nodded others don't say anything, none of them could fine there voice. It fell to Arcee to make the call. Strange. It was one of the only names in her contacts, and though it shouldn't have, it surprised her.

Ring. Ring. Ring.

Arcee had left it on speaker, the shrill sound echoed in the closed area.

"Rook. Job done already?" The tone was light, but his surprise was evident.
"Rooks not here at the moment, she told us to call you." Arcee could hear him curse on the other side.

"What happened?" The once light tone darkened.
"We're not entirely sure. We got.. separated.. before the building went down. She told us you would know what to do." Arcee stated doing her best to keep her grief aside.
"Shit." The man cursed. "Meet me in South Dakota, Watertown. I'll send you the address. We'll have to meet up with Rook at base camp. You have 2 days to get there." With that he hung up.

"Looks like we're going to South Dakota."

I am so sorry I haven't updated till now and I apologize for how short this chapter is. I'm going to try to have the next one out within the next few weeks. Thank you for being patient and understanding about this.