Ch. 25 The Long Awaited Talk

Taking them back through the tunnels, none of the bots could recognize where they came from and had no idea where their mate was taking them. Most of them found they didn't care. Finally after many twists and turns, Rook brought them to a door. 

It was a dark, wooden double door that was a good few feet taller than them. Eccentric designs carved into them, that gave them a look of life. As they approached it gently swung open. "Welcome to my home." Rook spoke up, inviting them in.

"This is your home? What about the other place?" Optimus asked voicing all of their confusion, except for the one. The place was beautiful, plants grew all around glowing various shades and colors, a water streamed out of the wall into a little pool, and an even smaller lava pool sat on the opposite end of the room surrounded be pots and pans that hung on the wall.

"I don't get to come home often. And there are others out there that need me so I've got several houses all around." She told them sitting down on her glowing, moss couch. "I'm sure you have many questions."

"Slag right we do!" Megatron practically growled. "We thought you were dead!" Rook winced turning away. "I'm sorry." She apologized, quite pathetically. "Doll," Knockout started calmer. "how did you escape the explosion?" She sighed leaning back. "I didn't"

They all froze, stuck trying to process those two words. I didn't. 

"What do you mean doll?" Knockout asked softly. How was she supposed to explain this?  "I'm not human. There are very few things that can kill me, tear me to pieces and I still come back." She stared at the wall, almost like she was in a daze. Reminiscing.

"If you are not a human, what are you?" The shrill voice of Starscream asked. Rook laid back against the couch staring at the roof. Quietly, almost silently in the most broken tone she whispered, "I don't know anymore." All was silent for a moment. "I used to be an angel. Maybe now I'm a fallen angel or a demon, I don't know. It's ok if you guys don't want me, I'd probably out live you anyway."

Everyone looked at her, unbelieving. How could she possibly think they'd reject her. "You think we're going to leave you?" Bulkhead was horrified. They all were. Bumblebee was quick to cling to her, trying to voice his unwillingness to ever leave her, even if he couldn't physically say it. Soon everyone was hugging her and doing everything in their power to convince her they would never leave. 

Biting her lip, desperate to keep from crying, she barely managed to speak out on small word. "Promise?" 

They all vowed never to leave there mate again and to always make sure she was happy. And they did.

Sorry if its a little anti climatic, but I've lost a lot of motivation for this, if there is anything you would have like to see have happened here please let me know and ill see what I can do. But for now this is the end of Baby Mates.