Ch.12 The meeting

I left the house leaving leader in charge, hoping they wouldn't get into any trouble. The further away from home I got the more empty I started to feel. I tried to brush it off as dread for the meeting, but I knew that it wasn't. I missed the bots, during our time together they some how managed to worm their way into my heart, and I wasn't quite sure it was a good thing.

It didn't take too long for me to reach the old circus. It was gloomy, everything was in poor shape. The tents were ripped and half toppled, the colours where fading and the grass long dried up. As if even it didn't want to be there. There was only one tent that was mostly upright, the big tent.

I made my way over to it, carefully entering. There was a single candle sitting in the very centre of the tent. I walked to the candle, watching as the flame flickered in the slight breeze. "You want to tell me what this is about Strange?" I asked the man who had yet to step into the light.

"A job of course." He said simply. "What's the job?" I asked. He walked around, to the other side of the candle, facing me. "Oh it's a pretty simple one." Strange said, being elusive. "If it was simple you wouldn't have called me." I stated, flatly. "Yes, yes." He dismissed. "I need you to go in to a fairly secure facility and gather some data for me, no witnesses." I hummed in response.

Obviously it wouldn't be that easy, there would be guards, cameras, people on the street, you get the idea. The data would be encrypted, I'd need a hacker.

"You got the layout and guard shifts?" I questioned, going straight to the point. "It's all here." Richard, which is Strange's first name, replied. He held up a file, handing it to me. There was quite a few pages, it was detailed. The facility was just outside of a town called Phelpston, it was about five hours away from my house. I'd have to take the bots with me.

It was two stories with some underground levels, the data would be on the third sub level, cameras where all over the place, the guards switched out every half hour. It was going to be tight and I was going to need a good, insanely good, hacker. The doors all required key cards and there were wires in the walls and door, if someone was to try to break the door open the alarms would go off and you'd have roughly five minutes to get out. The air vents seemed clear though, I might be able to get in that way. The big problem would be that the layout didn't say where exactly the data was being kept on the third sub level.

"So, can you do it?" Richard spoke up, tearing me from my analysis. I paused. "Ya, I can do it." I simply stated. "Good. I have a hacker lined up for the job." He happily said. I frowned. "You know I don't work with your... employers. I don't need a babysitter or a spy. I'll get back to you when it's done." I left leaving him in the dimming light, not to see him again for awhile.