Ch.7 Missing Bots

As soon as I saw the glowing rock, I turned to the bot standing by me. He was silent as always and seemed lost in thought. I went to take the crystal out of the rock wall and as soon as I touched it,  Tentacles beeped frantically at me. But it was too late I had already touched it. Not knowing what was wrong I turned to him, questioningly. He was oddly silent, as if stunned. "What's wrong?" I asked, concerned. He played a small tape that said, "You" in someones voice that I didn't recognize. Then an image of a question mark appeared on his visor. "Am I ok?" I guessed, slightly confused. He simply nodded his head. "Ya I'm fine. Why?" I answered shortly. He shook his head causing me to roll my eyes.

By the time we got back, the bots had all but emptied my cabinets and drawers. Really? I thought annoyed at the state of my kitchen. But even though the kitchen bore the evidence of their presence, the bots where no where to be found. Not one place in the kitchen where they. "Guys?" I called out, unsure of where they could be. When I didn't hear their beeping, I became twice as worried. "I'll be right back." I told tentacles, before heading up stairs. The first room I checked was the boys room. The door had been left open and there was no one inside. I even checked under the beds. When I opened the room of the only girl in the house I was surprised to find her there. "Hey." I said softly, not wanting to startle her. She looked up almost immediately, her sullen face turning to one of joy. She climbed down from her bed and ran to me, giving me the biggest hug she could. 

"Where are the others?" I asked, softly rubbing her back. She looked up at me a frown on her face. She shook her head, obviously not happy. "Well if their not here, can you show me where they went?" I asked, knowing she couldn't speak. She nodded her head before taking my hand and guiding me back down the stairs. She lead me right out the front door and pointed to the bot prints they left behind. As we followed the bots trail, I couldn't help but notice the unusual silence. A cold feeling crept through my body, and I had the terrible feeling that something was wrong.