"The Chinese Prisoner...Part VIII."

"The Chinese Prisoner…"

Summary: A surprisingly modest Howard has returned to a global hero's welcome after an incredible space feat…But he brought some baggage home…

Disclaimer: All that is Chuck's is Chuck's…

Part VIII…

"So let me get this straight?..." Penny eyed the rather casually seated Raj with stern look…

"As you like it, babe…" nod…Stretch…Glance round…

Place could still use a run or two with a vacuum once in awhile though I see Leonard has got her toeing the mark a bit more, nodding appraisal…

"Right…So Howard asked you to tell me Leonard is jealous of him, regards me…?"

"I know, sweetheart…It's got me howling inside too…" airy wave… "But the little fellow always was the insecure type…"

"As opposed to...Who among your merry band?...Well, Sheldon, of course…"

"Amy…" Sheldon eyed her immediate finger on his laptop, setting for negative reinforcement…

"We disconnected the system…" he whispered…As they watched through the slit of the bedroom door…Having hid in expectation that it would be Leonard again attempting a discussion with Penny…

"Right…" Amy frowned… "Pity…We could use the positive as well to imprint her on Raj…"

"But…Leonard…?" he stared…

"Yeah, yeah…" impatient wave… "Whoever…Just so long as his name isn't Sheldon…"

"Why Amy Farrah Fowler…?" Sheldon eyed her rather stricken face as she peered out… "Are you implying you had yet another ulterior motive in assisting Penny here?..."

"As long as we were helping to cure her Howard infatuation and she was willing, albeit with complete ignorance of the potential consequences, what's wrong with frying any potential interest in you?..." shrug…

"I'm not blind, Sheldon…I can see how that statuesque figure and alabaster skin, abetted by a round of 'Soft Kitty' and a dish of spaghetti with tiny hot dogs could even penetrate your commendable armor…" nervous glance to him…

"Look, Howard's now a world-class type…Like me…Gracing 'People'…It's only natural Leonard would suspect you might be falling for him…It's just lucky for him I didn't find you quite my type…" Raj continued, relaxed smile…

"Your what?..." Penny stared…Sniffing…

"Raj?...I can see you've been drinking but that's not real beer…" she noted…

"What…?" he suddenly choked up…Eyeing bottle…She taking it from his now trembling hand, pulled the false label…

Goddamn that heroic little man…Hosed me again…

"Amy…I don't make emotional commitments lightly…You of all people should be aware of that…" Sheldon pointed out…Whispering… "Besides, Meemaw would be disappointed in me if she ever heard I'd betrayed the one I loved…"

"Oh…" Amy, sobbing suddenly…Audibly…

"What's that?..." Raj looked round… "Is that someone crying…?"

"Uh…" Penny blinking fast… "Oh, Raj…How could you and Howard say or even think something like that?...That I'd ever…" she teared up, head bowed…

C'mon, c'mon, actress…Lets get those waterworks flowing…Consider it an acting exercise and good practice for when I confront my lil' hobbit…

"Penny?..."