"The Chinese Prisoner..." Part XX...

Summary: A surprisingly modest Howard has returned to a global hero's welcome after an incredible space feat...But he brought some baggage home...

Disclaimer: All that is Chuck's is Chuck's...

Part XX...

A hard and steady banging on his door brought a bleary-eyed Leonard in robe face-to-face with a rather frantic Bernadette, likewise in robe...Carrying bag in left hand...

"Where's Howard?..." she, urgently...Shoving past him into the room...

"Bernadette?..." glance to watch, rubbing glasses... "It's five-thirty...AM..."

"Yeah, yeah...Excuse me..." she went to his bedroom door...Knocking...

Oh, Lord...Roll of eyes...

"Did you fight with Lilly last night?..." he tried, vaguely...

"Howard?!..." she called...Though at far less than her full volume, clearly not wishing to be heard clear across the hall...

Groans from within Leonard's room...

"Bernadette...Whatever Lilly said..."

"What?..." she eyed the still sleep-befuddled Hofstadter... "Leonard, it's ok..."

Hmmn?...

She's pounding on my door to roust my house guest Howard out of bed at 5:30 am and it's "ok"?...

Uh-oh...

"Bernie...Penny didn't...Say anything last night?..."

"Howard?...Are you up?!...I need to speak to you!..."

"Ma?..." Call... "For cryin' out loud..." groan...

"It's me!...Come on out!..."

"Bernie?...Ow!..."

"Holy Krishna!...Watch those feet!..." Raj's groan from inside...

"Sorry, Raj..." she called...Turning to eye Leonard...

"What's that about Penny?...No, don't be ridiculous..." she concluded before he could speak...

Ok...So my girl didn't spill her guts in some kind of guilty confessional last night...Good...

But this sure can't be about her gown and the seating arrangements today...

Though, with Bernadette...And her competition today...

Door opening...Howard, in pyjamas peering out...

"Bernie?...What the hell?..."

"Come on out into the hallway...I need to speak to you...Now..."

Great...And I just signed on to this sort of thing...Permanently...Leonard sighed...As Howard gave another groan and came out into the room, reluctantly...

"Sorry again, Raj!..." Bernadette called, shutting door as final groan came... "Come on..." she urged Howard...

"Leonard..." nod as she led Howard to the front door...

"Try and get over that stuff with Penny..." she noted hastily... "She loves you...I sure as heck don't worry about it..."

"Worry about what?..." Howard, looking at both... "Hey, have we got any...?"

"Here..." she handed him a cup of coffee pulled from the bag... "Not too much, it's gas station coffee...I went to the Chevron station..."

"You're an angel..." he murmured, gratefully...Taking swig... "Now what the friggin' hell...Pardonnez-moi, Leonard...Do you want?..."