𝕆𝕟𝕖

He watched her from afar

He watched her from afar. Down below her second story bedroom window, he was ducked behind some foliage. His green eyes gazed up at the second story double panned and white painted window at the young nymph who danced happily in her room. Her small feet grazed the freshly vacuumed carpet. Her dress twirled with her body in numerous circles as the radio played her favorite song.

The constant ring of the telephone interrupted the joyous moment. Mae quickly shut off her radio, throwing her brush onto her bed. He watched as she disappeared down the hallway, her laughter following suit.

With her movement, he moved also. His body went from one side of the house to the other as his eyes searched the house for the young girl. Where he ended up was the garden, where he could clearly see inside the home through two sliding glass doors. The kitchen was in plain view to him.

Mae came running from an unknown room. Her delicate hands grabbed the phone, resting her back against the wall as she spoke into it. 

He couldn't hear what she was saying but it didn't matter much. He was too focused on how she looked so effortlessly beautiful. She smiled, showing her dimples on the side of her rosy cheeks. Was that blush she had put on today? She didn't normally do that.

A few more nods and Mae had hung up the phone. She squealed in excitement before running back up the stairs towards her room. Harry followed suit, like a lovesick puppy. Bent down in curled aggression, he made his way back to his spot at the window behind the bushes. Mae came into her room not even a second later.

She rushed to her closet to find the perfect outfit.

Harry watched in curiosity as she went through numerous outfits. Each one looked breathtaking on her. But Mae must have been indecisive today, as she didn't seem to like any. Her facial expressions told him all he needed. She was displeased with almost every one.

After some minutes, and Harry looking around to make sure no one had caught him standing there, Mae decided on a mint colored dress. She of course matched it with a headband and a pair of pearl earrings. She turned to look at herself in the mirror.

It was just past 6pm now, and a car pulled up in the driveway. A beaten down old dun-buggy came to a slow stop on the pavement. A boy wearing light wash jeans and a nice button up shirt approached Maes front door. He rubbed his sweaty palms on his jeans and took a breath, slightly nervous. After all, he was at one of the most sought after girls house.

Harry was definitely curious as to why a boy was showing up here.

He watched as the two engaged in small conversation before Mae went inside for a moment. She grabbed her small white backpack and closed her front door, leaving with the boy.