𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖

Weeks had gone by since the hand in the pants incident at Maes window

Weeks had gone by since the hand in the pants incident at Maes window. The weather outside had begun to get cold as fall was approaching. Harry had still been visiting her window every few nights, even taking a bold step as to enter her home to watch her sleep for just a minute.

She was peaceful when she slept, sometimes smiling in the midst of her dreams. She had good dreams Harry assumed.

But Harry's growing obsession for Mae was getting worse and he didn't know if he could contain himself anymore. He saw her almost everyday, each one like the first time. She was just so interesting. He liked to see what she did in her free time, what she did when she studied, which he found out was goof off. But she was so smart she didn't need to study.

His object of infatuation was smart which he liked very much.

Harry decided to come up with a way to meet her. He wanted to talk to her and be closer to her so he could see her up close. If she was pretty from far away, she would be even more breathtaking up close.

So that's what he did.

Mae was walking down the path from the bus stop, stopping from time to time to pick up some pine cones. She could use them for her bird feeder she had in her backyard. The streets were littered with kids at this time of day.

She approached 31st street, which was the corner on the upper class side of town just two blocks from her home. Here was the diner she had come to for her date with Connor- whom she had been dating for the past month. He was a nice boy who treated her well and gave her flowers every day after school. She sometimes wondered where he got them but it didn't matter because she wasn't materialistic.

The doorbell rang as she walked inside, seeing Connor who had already reserved a booth. The nice waitress greeted her.

"Just a strawberry milkshake for ya sweetie," she said, pointing her pen at her with a smile from behind the counter. Mae nodded, sitting down at her booth. She took off her hat and gloves, stuffing them beside her.

"You look beautiful as always," Connor said, smiling.

Mae smiled back, but the smile didn't last as long as Connors did. He sometimes took it to heart but Mae didn't know how to be in a relationship. It didn't take her long to realize that. This was her first one she had ever been in.

The pair talked for a little bit. The waitress brought Mae her milkshake and brought Connor his buttered toast. Connor also ordered a BLT sandwich which Mae had some of. Connor talked about his baseball game like he always did. He told her about how his mom wanted to meet her and about how she could come watch him play.

"It'll be the perfect time for you to meet her, and you guys can chat while I play." He said. Mae nodded.

"You sure she'll like me?" She asked, chewing on her lip. Connor reassured her she would. He took a bite of his sandwich, watching mae squirm slightly. He furrowed his eyebrows at her.

"You that nervous to meet her?" He laughed,

"Urm, no, Uh I just have to use the restroom." She said, shifting her weight from one side to the other. Connor put his sandwich down, looking around for the restroom. He noticed a tall man go into a door to the left of the diner. His eyes shifted to the men's sign on the door.

"That's must be the restroom, I'll walk you over." He said, grabbing Mae's small hand. They walked across the diner together before mae let go of his hand, nodding to him that she can take it from here. She looked for the women's sign on top of the door. When she spotted it, she went inside to do her business.

Connor sat outside the restroom rocking on his feet.

Mae dried her hands and opened the door only to bump into a hard chest and almost slip. Large, ringed, hands grabbed onto her arms before her feet gave out. Shock took over her face as she realized the man holding her from completely embarrassing herself wasn't her boyfriend.

He was rather a tall man who smelled like mint and cologne. The smell was intoxicating but in a good way. Why couldn't Connor smell like this?

Her gaze looked up at the poisonous green orbs that looked back at her. She noticed his wet pink lips, his tattoos peeking out of his unbuttoned shirt. He had on a black coat and jeans. The look worked on him.

"You alright sweetheart?" He muttered. She breathed somewhat heavily, looking him dead in his eyes. Snapping out of her daze, Mae nodded, looking around the restaurant. No one seemed to be paying attention much, at least not anymore.

"Babe, are you ok what happened?" Connors voice came through. Over the mans shoulder, Connors significantly smaller form could be seen. He gently took Mae's arm, only glancing up at the tall man with dark green eyes for a second.

He looked the man up and down, wondering if a fight would be worth it.

"Y-yeah, I wasn't watching where I was going is all." Mae apologized, looking back at the man. Harry was staring right back at her, wanting to rip her out of the little boys grip. From what Harry could tell, Connor was definitely feeling threatened. Like his little ego was hurt.

But that's what Harry wanted.

"Be careful love." Harry said, walking off and past the corner. Connor watched him the whole way.

"Who on earth is that?" He said. His tone came off a little more harsh than he intended. He honestly looked a little insecure. If it weren't for him mae would have slipped and fell and probably injured herself. She was lucky the man was there when he was.

Mae shifted out of connors grip, walking back to her booth with Connor on her heels. She wanted the night to be over with already.