𝕋𝕖𝕟

Mae's fingers grabbed the spine of a movie off her shelf and got up to put into the recorder

Mae's fingers grabbed the spine of a movie off her shelf and got up to put into the recorder. It slid in with a rumble, and the beginning credits came on. The movie was Bambi, the Disney classic.

Mae and Harry sat on the couch as Mae laid on the headrest, her feet over Harry's lap. Harry's arm was spread out over the top of the couch as his other hand was caressing Mae's leg. Her skin was smooth under the rough skin of his palm leading him to wonder if she used lotion.

Mae's eyes lit up with the screen as each scene played out before her. She didn't look in Harry's direction once since the movie was too exciting.

But the scene where Bambi's mother was being chased by a hunter came up. Bambi sat up, scooting closer to Harry. He chuckled as he embraced her and his fingers lightly dragged over her arm. She cuddled into him to bask in the warmth Harry provided. The movie dragged out this sad scene, Bambi came out of hiding and was yelling for the mom.

"This is the only part of the movie I don't like." Mae whispered, moving her head closer to Harry's ear.

The movie continued all the way to the end. When the ending credits came up, Mae shook her head of curls, leaving Harry's embrace. The warmth subsided with her departure. Harry watched Mae get up and smooth the sides of her night dress with her hands, turning to meet his green eyes.

Harry took that as his cue to leave her.

"I better get going so you can sleep." Harry said, grabbing his blazer. Mae simply nodded as they walked to the front door.

Harry opened it, his hand on the cool doorknob, feeling the crisp but humid air outside. Crickets chirped in the background. Harry turned around to face the girl who he found so irresistible.

"Mae I would like you to come to my house tomorrow. I want you take some photos for me." He said. Harry pursed his lips as he looked at Mae's face. She was searching for an answer as well as a clarification to what he meant.

"What kind of photos?"

"Photos of you."

Mae looked up at the ceiling feeling her heart beat in her chest. She was fumbling with the strings of her dress. Photos? Photos of her?

"Just think about it doll face." Harry said as he stepped closer to the girl and planted a kiss on her forehead. With that, Mae knew he would be by tomorrow at some point to get her answer. But was it so bad that she didn't know? She liked hanging out with Harry but she had never been to his house before nor had she had experience with photos of her self. Unless school photos count.

"Mkay'" she said, smiling at him.

Harry drove off and took a turn on her street. He was no longer visible to her from her front door. Holding her arms, she closed the door and went to turn off the television. She turned off her lights and treaded upstairs, sighing.

Mae climbed into her sheets to try and get a good nights sleep. She looked out her window at the moon and stars, her eyes connecting each star and moving on to the next one. Her thoughts raced.

Monday

Mae sat in Harry's car and watched him drive up to the large house that was in the middle of his neighborhood. She saw lady's walking their dogs, children playing at a nearby playground, and husbands doing yard work. Other houses didn't seem occupied or maybe the residents were simply out.

The car came to a stop in Harry's driveway. Harry got Mae out of her side of the car and shut the door behind her. He jogged up to his front door and Mae noticed some plants outside followed by a chair on the patio. She didn't take Harry as a man to sit on a chair outside nor did he seem like a plant guy.

Inside the home Harry spent cleaning all day, was a huge chandelier at the front foyer. The living room was just ahead. He had a giant L shaped couch with a throw blanket hanging over the side. He had a fireplace as well, and just like he said, a VHS movie shelf. He had a lot of movies.

"Where'd you get all those?" Mae asked, her book bag slipping off her shoulder as she bent down. She took off her shoes and walked over to the shelf, sitting down to look at the movies up close.

"Shops, thrift stores, family members, it really depends. I find them everywhere."

"I always got mine from a movie store," Mae laughed, turning to look at Harry. The room went silent for a bit before Harry spoke up again, looking at his camera.

"Shall we go start?"

"Mhm," Mae said, getting up from the floor. Mae and Harry walked up a set of beautiful spiral stairs to the upstairs. All that was up there was a closet, spare bedroom, and a master bedroom. Harry opened the door, letting Mae in.

She stared in awe at Harry's room as it was so big. He had a big queen size bed with velvet red bedding and black pillows. He had a tv on top of a black dresser right in front of the bed- smart placement.

He also had a red velvet couch on the side of the room. Her eyes moved from the couch to the balcony. Double glass doors led outside, to where you could see his backyard and pool from there. She always wanted a balcony.

Harry unzipped a case, catching Mae's attention. She tore her vision from the glass doors and watched Harry set up a stand for his camera. He had a light as well that he said would go behind the camera. When he turned it on, Mae covered her eyes as she winced and complained for him to turn it off.

"I'll put it on low when we start taking photos." Harry chuckled, turning it off so Mae could see again.

Harry placed his camera on top of its stand and set the light behind it, only leaving a few inches of space. He got in front of the camera, waving at it and mumbling the word test over and over. He cleared that footage before looking at Mae. She was standing in front of the bed, her hands in front of her.

"Ready?"

How was this chapter guys? Leave comments and your thoughts to let me know if you want me to continue this story or not. Things will get more interesting as the chapters continue, so I look forward to hearing your input.

:,)