Twenty four

"My parents are back."

Harry stood still-frozen, dumbfounded as her words rang through his ears. He didn't have enough time to process them as she pushed his chest in a gentle way again, opening his car door. She looked back at her front door, praying her parents weren't going to come out and see Harry.

His body was much larger than hers so it wasn't going to well as far as getting him and his car goes. Her words came out in jumbled sentences as she begged him to just leave. For his safety, even though she was certain her parents didn't stand a chance against Harry. He was..big boned.

"Why are they back?" He asked, his eyebrows pulled together.

"I-I don't know sir, please, please just leave." She started to cry. The fear of her parents started taking over. She was scared her whole world was crashing down on her. Her happiness, the joy Harry had brought her was all tumbling down like rocks on a water slide. She took his arm in her hand, pulling him close so she could give him a kiss on the cheek. Her hot tears fell down her face, rolling onto her neck.

"Don't cry sweet girl. We will see each other again, maybe when they leave?" He smiled. He wiped her tears from under her eyes. She shook her head, crying even harder. She knew it wasn't going to happen, and with that thought her heart churned. Worse than it did when the hotel incident happened.

"You don't understand...h-Harry.." she trailed off. Harry wiped more tears, looking at her. "They know about the assault. And you being with me. They saw the article."

Harry's heart fell to the ground. It felt crushed- to say the least. He looked her in a caring but sad way. Anger, guilt, sadness, it was all filling up his body. All the emotions wanted him to break down. Imagines of Mae flashed through his head as he stood with her. They were both In a subtle shock, but Harry's was worse. He knew then that the article was probably why her parents had returned.

Her parents were never going to let her out of their sight now. They might not even go on more trips anymore. Maybe they would bring her with them, taking her away from Harry. Harry's realization at his situation was starting to sink in.

Mae sniffled, lightly pushing Harry's broad chest again. She looked at him as tears pooled into the beautiful blue irises that threatened to fall. Followed by another sniffle, she gave him a hug. She squeezes tight this time, feeling him rest his head on her hers. His sweet girl.

She pushed him again, with care and ease this time. His body reluctantly gave in and plopped down into his seat. She blew him a kiss, wiping tears again. She stared at his dark green eyes in a forlorn sadness- one that she never felt before. She felt her heart rench as Harry started his car again. She backed away, glancing at her living room window to make sure her parents weren't watching.

Harry looked out of his windshield at the sad girl. She looked adorable, and that's how he would remember her if this was the last time he saw her. He sighed, closing his car door and pulling away. He stopped for a second, watching Mae's feet take a slow step forward. Then, she ran. Straight for his car.

She knocked on his window, asking him to roll it down. The misty fog disappeared as her features up close became more prominent. He remembered her beauty, as he had when he saw her in her window. Those gorgeous blue eyes would forever be engraved in his memory.

She grabbed his cheeks, surprising him. Quickly and without regret, she kissed him. She felt his soft pink lips crash onto hers In a romantic urgency. She didn't feel guilty for it. When she pulled away, she remembered his smile. A genuine smile. And all for her.

"Will you wait for me to grow up some more?" She asked. Harry looked down at her, pulling at her bottom lip. His skin grazed the area he had just marked as his, the beautiful rose color slowly turning her lips bright. Such a pretty girl.

"As long as you wait for me too." He whispered. She nodded, smiling at him as a tear rolled down her cheek. Her comfort place, her best friend, let go of her. She didn't want this to happen. Never. But she didn't have a choice, so she quickly wiped away her sadness and waved at Harry, watching him smirk through his windshield. I'll wait for you.

Harry's car pulled away some more, driving back and then starting again into drive. Time seemed to go to fast as the young girl watched the car disappear down the road.

"I'll wait for you." She whispered.