𝕊𝕚𝕩𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟

When the school bell rang Mae scooted passed students in the hallways so she could hurry home

When the school bell rang Mae scooted passed students in the hallways so she could hurry home. She got to her house faster than usual thanks to her legs carrying her all the way there in record time. She was out of breath by the time she arrived. She quickly dropped her things down and scurried up the stairs to shower. She used her shampoo she knew Harry liked.

She was careful and particularly picky today about her outfit. She rummaged through her dresser and closet, pulling clothes out, trying a few on, and then searching some more. She pulled her ribbons from her basket and finally- an outfit of her liking.

It was a baby pink dress that fell off the shoulder. It had a low back and she paired it with some pink lace anklet socks and pearl earrings. It was the perfect outfit and she prayed Harry would like it if he stopped by. She had a feeling he would if he was back in town.

Mae sat outside first with her cat, eyeing any car that passed by. She rested her head on her arms that were hung over her gate in the garden, playing with the lock. She spent some time picking flowers and putting them In a vase of cold water, setting them on the coffee table. She turned away, then turned back for a second to move the vase slightly.

Minutes soon turned to hours. No sign of her curly haired companion. She couldn't help the small disappointment that etched its way into her mind. Thoughts flooded her head. Maybe he wasn't back in town yet. Maybe he just couldn't show up today. She tried her hardest to push the one thought that kept poking at her.

She paced around, occasionally looking out the living room Windows. The mail man came by and cars passed her house. She laid on the couch and stared at the ceiling for a while. She would peek her eyes out at the window once more hoping he would be there. But he wasn't.

Despite the etching disappointment her heart held hope that he would show. She didn't want to accept maybe her fling with Harry was over. She was a pass time for him, and so young. He probably had a wife and kids that he was spending time with.

But of course, Harry was too obsessed with his dearest Mae for that. A special place in his mind was saved for her. It had been since he saw her undress in her window.

She wasn't sure when. Maybe between the times she was waiting and looking out windows and peepholes for Harry's car, but at some point she had fallen asleep on the couch. Her eyes closed, her body falling limp between the cushions. It was then that a much anticipated knock came from the door, pulling Mae from her sleep.

Her eyes peeled open, seeing nightfall had approached. She could have sworn the sun was out just seconds ago. The clock was just past 8pm. Her arms extended to push her body from the couch, her legs swooping over the sides as her dress fell back to place.

She went to the door expecting to see Celeste or maybe another mail man despite the time. But instead, the mop of brown curls presented themselves. She felt her heart drop and her stomach churn as the man stood outside her door.

It took her a second to register, but once it did she quickly rubbed her eyes and smoothed her hair. Taking a deep breath, the door opened and a small head of blonde hair and deep blue eyes introduced themselves. Blue met green as the two locked gazes.

"I knew you'd come Harry," she smiled.

Oh how he missed that smile.

Harry came inside, embracing mae in a warm hug. She collided with his chest immediately smelling cologne and mint, a smell she missed so much. She rubbed her cheek into his shirt. As Harry rubbed her back, he remembered why it was so difficult to stay away from mae. She was like a drug.

When they pulled away a silence fell into the air. Thoughts escaped Mae's head and all she could do was head to the couch, sitting down to be consumed into the cushions. Harry didn't really know what to say or how to explain his absence. He knew she would ask after all and though he had come up with a few excuses to tell her he wasn't sure if she would buy it.

"Harry, I thought you left me forever." She pouted. Harry could never leave her. He had a deep infatuation with her and he was selfish- extremely selfish. He wanted Mae for his own. He didn't want to share her, he didn't want her to be around other guys. Mae shyly looked up at the gorgeous man as he was deep in thought. His face twitched as he remembered the way guys would look at Mae as she walked by. Nothing on her was for them to look at. It made him very jealous but he was trying to work on not caring.

They are only boys. They can't give her what you can.

"I didn't leave. I just had to take care of something." He mumbled. There was something about the way he said it that made her stomach turn. And not in a good way.

He took a deep breath and sat beside her. He missed her. They talked for a minute about nothing special other than what she's been up to. Which was sulking around in her room, but she didn't need him to know that. Harry had done similar things. He remembers thinking about Mae all the time and praying she hadn't met anyone else. He got rid of his sweet girls issue at school so she can't bother Mae anymore. It made him furious someone else had hurt her.

"Sarah's left school." Oh no.

"She hasn't shown up since the fight. I think maybe her father got her out of punishment." Mae said. No sweet girl, she got what she deserved for hurting you. She won't be able to do it again.

"I'm sure that's what happened baby." He said, feeling relieved she didn't know what actually happened to Sarah Winchester.

Hiii guys! I figured I'd drop in to give y'all a new chapter. I hope you enjoyed.