Nineteen.

Harry tapped his foot as he waited for the man to give him his hotel key

Harry tapped his foot as he waited for the man to give him his hotel key. He was getting anxious as he had been in here for almost 15 minutes, just to get a damn hotel room. He peeked outside the office window, not seeing Mae's shadow anymore. His heart started doing laps. He turned back around just as the man was dangling a key in his hands and handing him his ID back. Harry quickly took his items and pushed open the office door, the bell ringing from behind him as he stepped outside.

To his left, Mae was gone. She was no longer standing next to the office like he asked her to.

The small group of men standing just a couple feet away talking looked smaller than when they arrived. He looked back to his car which was parked in the dirt and could see no sign of Mae. He got an awful feeling someone had taken her to one of these hotel rooms, and if that was the case, he was planning on stomping down each one to find her.

He swallowed, and started walking over to the group of men.

"Excuse me," Harry bellowed, interrupting the conversation. They all looked at him with angst in their eyes. Half of them were probably too high to even talk to him but it didn't matter at the moment.

"Have any of you seen a little blonde girl. She has blue eyes and she was wearing a jacket. She's not very tall, in fact she's rather short." He said, watching for any signs of deception, interest, or even a sign of remembrance. The group fell silent. They exchanged glances between one another, and it almost seemed like only a few knew who he was talking about.

"Yeah, we saw her go into a hotel room with one of our buddies." A brunette said, lighting up a joint. He was the only one to speak.

Harry's heart dropped at the confession. He hoped he wasn't too late to save her.

"Which room." He said, his voice a little darker than it was previously. This startled the man talking. Harry didn't miss the slight jump at the change of his tone, so he pointed to a room on the far left side of the building. The curtains were shut but small peeks of light shined through.

Harry marched for the room without another word. Not a Thankyou, not even a glance in their direction. Harry fumbled with the back of his jeans, feeling the cold metal of an object that he had tucked away. He grasped its handle just before kicking the hotel door wide open.

Mae's eyes bursted open as she felt the man on top of her scramble off her body and the other man step away from her. She turned her head to see Harry pointing a gun at the two men. His face looked different, it was scary looking, his eyes were hard and cold. They held so much hatred and anger. She had never seen this before, how had she not seen this?!

She was almost completely naked and scrambled from her spot in bed, pulling up her underwear which weren't pulled down much anyway. She hugged herself, scooting back into the pillows to feel some warmth, some comfort.

Harry didn't look at her. It hurt her heart, but if only she knew he wasn't looking at her because if he did, not a single person would leave the room alive.

"I'm gonna give you two goddamn seconds to leave before I blow your heads off!" Harry said, flipping a switch on the gun. All it took was his finger to pull the trigger and lives would be taken. Mae's small noises of despair could be heard, her eyes glancing between all the men. He wouldn't kill two men. Her chest heaved as a deathly silence fogged over the room, everyone waiting for Harry's next move.

The man that was on top of Harry's precious Mae was pulling his pants up, grabbing his stuff and quickly exiting the room, fleeing into the night. Desperate hands were waving in the air as he signaled the group outside to leave. Only a few took off into the darkness, and Harry knew those were the few that were in on this whole setup. As the other man was gathering his pot and lighters, Harry was holding his gun just inches from his head. Harry watched the man duck below the gun and run out the door, holding onto his bags and joining the group of the few fleeing men.

Harry shut the hotel door behind them, putting his gun away. His hands almost fought him not to as they were so desperate to pull the trigger and watch blood coat the floor. But his mind told him not to, for the sake of the young girl shaking on the bed. He didn't want her to see that, and more importantly, he didn't want her to see him like that.

Taking a deep breath as his hands layed on the wall, he let out his anger so he could focus his attention on Mae. She was crowding back into the pillows, wanting to just die in a hole of embarrassment. She grabbed the blankets to try and cover herself- Harry had already seen pretty much everything, but as he turned his back to face her she felt vulnerable.

Harry looked at her, watching her shake. She avoided eye contact. He sighed, going to sit on the bed but he wasn't anywhere near her because he was afraid of what she would do. He didn't want her to be scared of him, he wanted himself to be her comfort place. But given the circumstances he wasn't so sure that would happen.

"Mae I'm s-"

"Don't." Her voice stopped him, her hands gripping the blanket. Her knuckles turned white as she let a tear fall down her face, splattering onto her bare leg. She was humiliated and scared. She quickly got off the bed, looking for her clothes as Harry sat on the edge of the mattress, looking for something to say to her. But, it was looking like she wouldn't let him. She rushed into the bathroom, closing the door and breaking down into sobs as all Harry could do was listen from outside the door.