34.

"A perfect marriage is just two imperfect people who refuse to give up on each other."

-Unknown. 

My skin was sticky with sweat and I sat up slowly. I touched my forehead and it ached at my touch.

"Addy?"

"I think we should go to the hospital," I whispered and watched the room spin quickly.

"Addy? Baby! Wake up!" My ears rang loudly and the last thing I heard was Josh calling 911.

Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep!

My eyes cracked open and I blinked slowly.

"Addy?" I looked over at Josh and gave him a weak smile, "I need to get the nurse. Tell her you're awake."

"No. Don't go."

"I'll be right back," he kissed my hand softly and walked quickly out of the room. I looked around and saw all the monitors and scrunched my eyebrows at the one's to my right.

"I'm so glad you're awake."

"What happened? Why are there two heart monitors?"

"You're okay. Your body was just struggling to stay hydrated."

"The fever?"

"You had severe food poisoning. The fever was from the infection," the doctor explained.

"And the two heart monitors?"

"I'm pretty sure you know why there are two," Josh stated and my eyes welled up with tears and Josh held my hands.

"We're having a baby?"

"Yeah. We are," Josh kissed me softly and I cried into his shoulder. I touched my stomach softly and more tears spilled down my cheeks.

"I'm so glad the baby is okay."

"You have a very healthy baby. We will have a nurse come in and do an ultrasound later today."

"I can't believe it."

"Congratulations, both of you. I'll leave you two to talk and I'll be back shortly with your lunch," she left quickly and I looked at Josh.

"I didn't know I missed a period. I had no idea. How far along?"

"She said four weeks. It's pretty early to know," I did the math in my head quickly.

"That makes sense. I was already three days late, but I thought it was from the stress from work and you being gone."

"It's okay."

"I can't believe we're having a baby."

"I've seen it on the ultrasound."

"It's probably the smallest little bean."

"So tiny and I already love it."

"I can't wait to see the baby up close."

"Me too," Josh climbed into bed next to me and I snuggled into his chest.

"I'm scared," I whispered.

"Me too, but the doctor said the baby is strong and healthy."

"I don't want to lose this one."

"I know. We will do everything we can to make sure this baby stays as healthy as possible."

"Okay," he wiped under my eyes and kissed my forehead.

The next morning I was allowed to go home, but was on strict bed rest until the three month checkup.

"Hi Mike."

"Hey, I got your message. I won't say anything to anyone. Take off as much time as you need."

"Thank you. I should be okay to come back after the three month checkup, but they said I may need to stay on bedrest for this pregnancy."

"Just keep me posted and I'm really happy for you and Josh."

"Thank you and I will," I hung up and Josh put a pillow under my feet.

"I'm off for the next two months."

"Great. I'll be going into work on Mondays. Perks of being my own boss," I smiled and he laid down next to me.

"I can't believe we are having a baby."

"I know. I'm really happy, then I'm really sad."

"Me too."

"This time is different," I rubbed my hands over my flat stomach and took a deep breath.

"I hope so."

"Okay. I'm going to order pizza and we are going to start binging movies."

"I like the sound of that," I pulled the blanket around my shoulders and Josh hugged me softly.

"I love you. I love this baby. I can't wait for this next chapter in our lives."

"Me too."

"Alright, we need pizza."

"Cheese and olive."

"Olives on half."

"Fine. I don't understand why you don't like olives."

"I just don't. I didn't really eat them that much as a kid. Oh, speaking of, my parents want us over for dinner next month."

"Sure. Maybe Miles will tell us he's proposed to Tori."

"Cody would've known and if it had happened, he would've told me."

"That's true."

"Have they heard from the adoption agency about getting their son?"

"They are still waiting. I mean, they already have Lilly, so they should be getting him soon. They have clearly proved they can care for children."

"I love little Lilly. She is just so cute."

"I can't believe she will be five."

"Neither can I," he placed the order for pizza and made me a cup of tea.

"You know you don't have to wait on me."

"They said to stay off your feet and not lift anything heavy."

"Making tea or my own dinner doesn't involve heavy lifting."

"Just take the tea and accept my help."

"Thank you for the help and my tea," I kissed him softly and he smiled.