29.

"He's more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same."

-Emily Brontë

The night before the wedding:

"Addy! Josh! Hurry up! The limo is waiting!" Steph yelled from down the hallway and I let out a laugh.

"We'll be down in a second," she groaned and I heard her walk to the front door. I let my gaze follow every movement of Josh's and I reapplied my lip gloss. He dried off his clean shaved face and his green eyes locked with mine.

"We should get downstairs before Steph kills us," I nodded and leaned against the doorway. I adjusted my red cocktail dress, slipped on Josh's black leather jacket, and finished with my black pumps. I looked around the corner of the entryway wall and smiled at the sight. Steph and Randy were talking about something, but their body language did not go unnoticed. Steph was leaning against the wall smiling and Randy had his hands in his pockets leaning in close to her as if she was whispering. I heard the floor creak behind me and Josh was in the middle of putting on his black button-down.

"Randy. Don't make us more late," I held in a laugh and felt Josh's hand on my lower back. Steph cleared her throat and picked up her purse.

"Alright let's go," we arrived at the docks and we stopped in front of the party boat.

"There they are!" I heard our wedding party shout. I walked up the ramp and Josh grabbed my hips, before following.

"Let's get you guys some drinks. Everyone is here now, so we will be taking off shortly."

"Great!"

"Addy Cat! Your dress is so cute!" I pulled her into a hug and then Josh hugged her.

"Thank you for being here, Emily."

"Aunt Emily to you, mister," he laughed and then nodded.

"There's Cody and Jake. We will catch up later."

"Go greet your guests. Love you both!" We walked over to Cody and Jake.

"Hey!" I hugged them quickly and Josh followed.

"How was your trip?" he asked and Cody wrapped his arm around Jake.

"Amazing! France is amazing!" Jake said with excitement.

"I'm so glad."

"Are you guys ready for tomorrow?"

"Yes."

"I'm ready to be married," Josh stated and I smiled.

"Me too," I kissed him softly.

"Were we that bad before we got married"

"Yeah," everyone answered and Cody laughed.

"I need another drink," Jake stated.

"Me too," I followed him over to the bar and ordered a glass of red wine.

"So, can you keep a secret?"

"What's up?" Jake smiled and leaned against the bartop.

"Our adoption paperwork went through. We are officially going to adopt."

"Oh my god! That is amazing! Congratulations!"

"Thank you."

"Can I tell Josh?"

"Of course, but keep it under wraps for now. I want to keep the attention on you and Josh."

"I'm going to be an aunt."

"I'm going to be a dad," I clicked my glass against his and Josh joined us.

"Mind if I steal her for a second?"

"Of course," Josh grabbed my hand and pulled me onto the dance floor.

"Are you having a good night?"

"Yes. The party is a smash hit."

"It is. I'm glad we had one party."

"Me too," I placed my head on his chest and we swayed to the music. The boat docked four hours later and we stumbled to Ran's car. Steph jumped in the driver's seat and Josh and I sat in the back.

"I drank way too much."

"Me too," I said, resting my head on his shoulder. Steph pulled into our driveway and Josh opened his door and slid out slowly.

"We'll see you guys tomorrow. Addy, I'm picking you up at ten," I nodded and hugged her from behind.

"See you tomorrow," I followed Josh into the house and he tripped over the side table. I caught his arm and he laughed to himself.

"I haven't been this drunk in a while."

"Me too," I pulled off my heels and left them in the living room. I walked down the hallway and Josh sat on the edge of our bed.

"I love you Addyson," he slurred and rested his head on my shoulder. I laughed and reached for the bottoms on his shirt. His warm hands engulfed mine and he pulled me in between his legs. I continued to get his shirt unbuttoned and I felt his breath across my face.

"I love you too," I got his shirt off and he smiled at me. I returned his smile with one of my own and he flopped back on our bed.

"I'm tired," he mumbled and I slipped off my dress and slipped on one of his t-shirts. I climbed into bed next to him and he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"We're getting married tomorrow," he whispered.

"I know. I'm really happy that we are together."

"Me too."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

Opening my eyes I squinted at the sunlight streaming through the curtains. Josh was snoring and his arms were wrapped around my waist. I lifted his strong arm and started to move from the bed.

"Babe," he mumbled and I looked down at him. He moved the pillow over his head and groaned.

"My head," I smiled and reached for the covers, "Addyson don't," I started to pull and laugh at his struggle to keep the blankets on.

"Josh. You have to get up," I ripped the blankets off and he sat up glaring at me.

"You're mean," I crossed my arms over my chest and smirked.

"How hungover are you?" He rubbed the sides of his head and groaned.

"Hungover enough to only hear pounding," Josh laid back on the bed and closed his eyes, "How are you not hungover? You drank more than me."

"I drank a ton of water last night and I got sick."

"Why didn't you wake me up?"

"You were sawing logs and I didn't want to wake you up. I wasn't sick for long. Don't worry."

"Okay. Are you feeling better?"

"Yeah."

"Addy!" I turned my head to see Steph standing in the doorway.

"Steph my head!" Josh shouted and Steph raised her hands and started to clap in his ears, "Bitch," Steph smirked and walked down the hall.

"I'll get you some Tylenol," Josh flopped back on the bed and covered his eyes with his hands.

"How are you feeling this morning?"

"Good. I'm excited for today."

"Me too."

"You're next."

"Tell your brother that."

"I'll make sure he knows," she took a sip of her tea and looked at her watch.

"We need to go," I grabbed the bottle of Tylenol and ran down the hall. Josh was already asleep and so I wrote him a note and changed into shorts and one of his button-downs. I kissed his forehead and he smiled rolling over, before snoring again. I sighed and made my way to Steph's car thinking about today.