36.

Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans.

-John Lennon

Twenty weeks:

Tugging for the last time and dropping my hands, I looked at myself in the mirror. This is the fourth pair of pants I have tried on this morning and I am trying to prolong going to get bigger clothes. I pulled them off and slipped on my grey leggings. I grabbed my purple, knee-length dress and slipped it on. Since finding out we're having a boy, I’ve been mostly shopping for him and not myself which is how I got myself into this situation in the first place.

“Steph is here.”

“Okay.”

“Have a good time shopping.”

“I was trying to wait until twenty-five weeks.”

“I know, but you will feel a lot more comfortable.”

“I know."

"I love you and just enjoy the shopping day."

"I love you too," I kissed him quickly and walked out of the house.

"You ready?"

"No."

"Oh, come on. This will be fun," after three hours of shopping, I was hungry and exhausted. We were in another maternity store and Steph was passing me clothes over the dressing room door.

"Steph. I don't want to try anything else."

"Here, try these on and then we can get Mexican food," I grabbed the pile of clothes and set them on the bench.

"You're bribing me with food. You are low Stephanie Gomez," she smiled and shut the dressing room door.

"Okay let me see," I looked at myself in the mirror and grabbed the bottom of the knee-length, purple sundress. I let the material brush against my knees and I opened the door.

"I want this dress," Steph smiled and patted herself on the back.

"I'm amazing!" She pumped her fists in the air and I rolled my eyes. We went to get Mexican food as promised. After a couple more shops, we met Randy and Josh at an Italian restaurant for dinner.

"About time," Randy stated and Josh pulled out my chair for me.

"Thanks," I kissed him softly and he laced our fingers together.

"I ordered chicken Alfredo for you," I smiled and took a long drink of water, "How was shopping?"

"It was good. We found a lot of good clothes. Most of them will fit when I'm close to full term."

"That's awesome," we made small talk until the food arrived.

"Have you guys started thinking about baby names?" Josh started to laugh and I elbowed him.

"We have, but it usually ends in us bickering over the top names," I couldn't help but laugh because it was absolutely true.

"What names do you guys have?"Steph asked and Josh pulled out his phone.

"Zachary, Ruben, James, and Corey."
"What are the ones you guys are bickering over?"

"He likes Zachary more than Ruben."

"It's because I like the flow of Zachary Ruben Carter more than Ruben Zachary Carter," Josh explained and I grumbled next to him.

"You can always wait till you meet him. See what fits best," Randy offered and I nodded.

"That's what I did with both boys," Steph gave my hand a comforting squeeze and I smiled at her. I rested my head on Josh's shoulder and felt my eyes droop.