37.

Just remember, once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed.

-Charles Schulz

February 24: Josh's 26th birthday (twenty-seven weeks):

I untangled the banner and passed it to Cody.
"You know, I could've hung this up."

"Josh would kill me if I let you climb on the table."

"I would've used the stool."

"Sure you would've," I laughed and looked at the banner.

"It looks great!"

"Randy, Carson, and Jake are heading back from the bar with Josh."

"I hope he likes this," Miles and Tori walked in and unfolded the last of the table cloths.

"He will. We all need this," I nodded and Miles looked down at the floor.

"How is he doing?"

"Dad is in and out of it. He is awake less and less. The doctors say that the stroke has made this part pain free," I teared up and wiped under my eyes quickly.

"I wish this wasn't happening."

"Me too," Cody hugged me tightly and Miles joined us.

"I know mom is just hoping for a painless passing. She doesn't want him to suffer anymore."

"Me too. I know Josh just wants him to be around long enough to meet the baby."

"They said two more months at the most."

"I know."

"Okay. As much as we all need to talk about this, we need to bring back the happy mood," Tori stated and we all nodded. I looked out the window and smiled.

"Their back!"

"Everyone! Hide!" Miles announced and I walked outside to greet the guys.

"Hey babe!"

"Hi. Are you ready for phase two?"

"Yes. Absolutely ready," I opened the door and Cody turned on the lights.

"SURPRISE!"

"Wow! This is awesome! Thank you baby!" He kissed me softly and everyone moved to hug Josh. Quinn and Gabby walked in and I hugged them.

"It's good to see you!"

"Likewise. This was a great idea."

"Thanks. I just wanted to do something special for his birthday. With everything going on with his dad, I just wanted to make sure he was still being celebrated."

"The perfect wife!" Gabby laughed at Quinn's comment and I joined her.

"Not perfect. Definitely not perfect," we all continued to laugh.

"Are you guys any closer to picking a name?"

"We are down to two. Zachary and Ruben."

"Which do you like?"

"Ruben. Of course Josh loves Zachary."

"I didn't name Freddy and Sammy until I held them, but with Eli, I knew before she was born."

"That's what we are waiting for I guess. I want to see him before we name him."

"I did that with my boys."

"Sorry to interrupt, but can I steal my wife," Josh grabbed my hand and they smiled at us.

"What's up?" I followed him down the hall and he closed the door behind him.