20.

"When someone loves you, the way they talk about you is different. You feel safe and comfortable."

-Jess C. Scott

November:

"Ian is going to be here soon. Do you want us to drop you off at the club on our way to the bachelor party?"

"Steph said she was coming to get me, but I haven't heard from her since yesterday and she hasn't answered my calls."

"Call Randy," I nodded and picked up my phone.

"Hey Addy, I was just about to call you. Steph didn't come home last night. Is she with you or Ollie?"

"No. I haven't talked to her since yesterday. Ollie and I walked her to her car."

"Shit. Okay. I'll let you know if I hear from her."

"Okay. I'll let you know too, if I hear from her," I hung up and Josh grabbed his keys, "What are you doing?"

"Ian will meet me at the party. We need to find out where Steph is."

"Okay," we drove around their neighborhood and we even stopped at Tom's apartment.

"I haven't seen her. I'm really sorry. I hope she is okay."

"Me too. Thanks anyways," I sat in the passenger seat with my head in my hands.

"We will find her. Is there anywhere else she would be?"

"No. We checked the park and the mall."

"What about the boardwalk?"

"It's worth a shot," we arrived at the boardwalk and I ran down the beach. I searched and searched, feeling my anxiety bubble to the surface.

"I can't find her. She could be with her parents."

"I called them. She isn't there. What if she was kidnapped or worse," tears welled up in my eyes and Josh looked behind my head.

"Steph?" I spun quickly and she wiped off her face. I pulled her into a hug and let my own tears flow.

"Holy shit. You scared me so badly. I thought someone took you or worse."

"I'm okay. I just needed to clear my head."

"Why? What's wrong?"

"I...Randy doesn't know anything. Addy. I'm pregnant and I don't know what to do. Randy said he didn't want another kid until we were married and more settled and it just happened."

"Oh, Steph. I know Ran will be there for you. He loves you and Logan so much."

"I just got so scared yesterday. I slept at my old apartment, knowing that Tom would be out of town. I just needed to think, but then I lost track of time and my phone was dead. I'm so sorry that I scared you. God Ran is probably going crazy."

"I texted him, Steph. He is on his way here now. Logan is with your parents for the night."

"Okay. God this is such a mess. I really should've just told him and not put everyone through this."

"It's okay, Steph. We're just glad you're okay."

"Stephy!" she turned quickly and Ran pulled her into a tight hug, "Why didn't you come home last night. I thought you left because of our fight and God, I've been beside myself."
"I'm so sorry. I just...I just..."

"I'm so glad you're okay."

"Ran."

"We're okay, right?"

"Yes. I need to tell you this though. Ran, I'm pregnant," the silence surrounded us and Josh held my hand tightly, knowing the news hadn't fully sunk in yet for me. Of course, finding out my friend is having another baby is exciting, but I know I will be hit with the overwhelming amount of sadness that clouds my current thoughts of having my own baby taken from me all too soon.

"I was not expecting that to be your reason for leaving. Baby, this is wonderful news!" he hugged her tightly and I smiled at them. Steph pulled away and looked at me quickly.

"Addy. You're okay, right? I know this is really hard for you."

"It's okay, Steph. I'm so happy for you guys. Josh and I will get our chance when the moment is right," Josh kissed my forehead and smiled. His phone rang and he answered it quickly.

"Hey...Yeah we found her...I'll be there soon...Bye."

"Ian?"

"Yeah. He was making sure we found Steph and what time we would be over for the party."

"Crap. The party. Ollie must be so upset."

"She's fine. You're fine. We can talk to her tonight."

"Randy. Can we take your car back to my apartment?"

"Sure. Josh, did you drive your truck or the bike?"

"Bike. We will see you guys tomorrow. Steph, please make sure Addy doesn't die from alcohol poisoning," I rolled my eyes and he laughed.

"That was one time!"

"I know."

"You're horrible."

"But you love me."

"Unfortunately, I do," he kissed me quickly and they walked off.

"I have to tell Ollie that I'm pregnant. Otherwise she will order drinks for me."

"We will tell her as soon as we get there."

"Okay," she took a deep breath and hugged me tightly, "Thank you for all your support today and I'm so sorry for giving you a heart attack."

"What are friends for?"

"I love you."

"I love you too."

***

"Hey! I'm so glad you guys could make it!" Ollie announced, clearly drunk.

"Of course. Tomorrow you will officially be Mrs. Michelle."

"I know. I am just so excited to be married. We've been waiting for this moment for so long. Now, what are you guys drinking? First round os on me," she looped her arms through ours and pulled us to the bar.

"Ollie. I need to tell you something."

"Tell me your drink. Then we will chat."

"Ollie."

"Drink."

"Virgin Mai Tai."

"Holy shit! You're pregnant!"

"I found out yesterday!"

"Congrats! I am so happy for you! I'll get you a virgin Mai Tai."

"Thank you."

"Of course! I am so happy for you! Addy, what are you drinking?"

"What are you drinking?"

"Manhattan."

"I'll take one," she ordered us drinks and we sat at the bar.

"Hey! Hey!" I turned and spotted Gabby and Quinn.

"Hey!"

"How have you guys been?" I asked, hugging them tightly.

"Good! Sorry we're late. The sitter was super late and Carson left with Ian and Taylor, so that left us waiting."

"It's okay. You're here now. What are you guys drinking? I'm buying the first round."

"I'll have a virgin fruity drink," Quinn answered.

"Oh, can I tell her, Steph?"

"It's her news, Ollie."

"Fine."

"What news?" Quinn asked and Steph smiled.

"I'm pregnant!"

"Yay! I won't be the only sober one!" we all laughed and continued to dance and drink for the rest of the night.