23.

"So, I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you."

-Paulo Coelho

My eyes burned and I sat up slowly. Pounding surrounded my head and I rubbed my eyes slowly. I opened my eyes and the first thing I noticed was that I wasn't in my room. I looked over and my heart was in my throat. I'm naked and there is a man in my bed. I swallowed my nerves and looked around for my dress. My eyes stopped at the grease-covered shirt and pants next to the bathroom. I looked back at the body in the bed and released the breath I was holding. I was with Josh. He came back last night. He moved slowly and I pulled my dress over my head.

"Addy. Did you need me to hold your hair back again?" I looked over at him and his eyes were half-open.

"N...No. I just need to pee," I stepped into the bathroom and scrunched my face. It smelled like puke and alcohol in here. What happened last night? I washed off my face and the door opened slowly.

"You okay?" I jumped back quickly.

"You're talking to me now?"

"You threw up a lot last night. I just wanted to make sure you were okay."

"I'm fine."

"Good. I'll leave you then," I bit my bottom lip and followed him out of the bathroom.

"I'm sorry for being bitchy."

"It's fine. You're hungover."

"What happened last night? I remember calling you and then going down to the reception party. It's a blur from there."

"I called you after you broke up with me."

"I remember that comment coming out of my mouth. I also remember leaving my phone in my room."

"I drove back when you didn't answer my calls. I was worried about you. I showed up and you were extremely drunk talking to the bartender."

"You were probably glad the bartender was a woman."

"At that moment, I was just glad she kept you safe."

"What happened after?"

"I tried to get you back to the hotel room because I knew you were close to puking."

"Thanks."

"I just didn't want you to go through that alone. You argued with me and then finally just gave in and followed me to the elevator. You then proceeded to yell at me for leaving and that you were struggling with the loss of our baby, but you were struggling more with how distant I was."

"Yeah. Sounds about right. How did we end up having sex?"

"Well, You threw up on yourself as soon as we got into my hotel room. I helped you through the next three hours of being sick and then helped you into the shower."

"That's when we had sex?" Josh nodded and I leaned against the wall.

"I'm sorry that you had to deal with me last night. I really should've just left the whole baby thing alone."

"No. Addy, you were right? I haven't been a good partner in this. I just wanted to make sure you were okay, but I realized last night that you needed me to grieve with you to be okay."

"I love you, Josh. What we went through was so horrible and I just wanted to grieve with you."

"I know that now," he wrapped his arms around my waist and hugged me tightly, "I love you Addy. So much," he whispered and I kissed his chest softly.

"I love you too."

"I am glad you came back last night."

"Me too."

We met everyone down at the breakfast buffet and Josh pulled out my chair for me.

"I'm surprised you two are down here so early."

"Shut up."

"I'm going to get some breakfast. Do you want some toast?"

"Yeah. I think that's the only thing I can stomach at the moment."

"Okay," he kissed me quickly and Steph arched her eyebrow.

"What?"

"I'm just glad you two made up."

"Me too."

"You were really funny last night. I haven't seen you that drunk since that college party sophomore year."

"That was a wild night."

"What was?" I looked up at Josh and practically jumped over the table to stop Steph. She laughed and pushed my hands away and started talking.

"I talked Addy into going to this end of the year frat party sophomore year. Long story short, Addy drank way too much and blacked out."

"I did not blackout!"

"What do you remember from that night?" I crossed my arms and frowned, "You blacked out. Anyways, I haven't seen her that drunk in a long time."

"I didn't know you were such a partier in college," Josh laughed and I rolled my eyes.

"I was hoping that part of me was going to stay hidden," I stated with embarrassment.

"I know that Josh from college would have still fallen in love with you," he whispered and I smiled up at him.

"He did that night on the boardwalk," he smiled and kissed me softly.

"And he will always love you."

After breakfast, we all headed outside for one last dip in the pool.

"Did Ollie and Ian leave already for their honeymoon?"

"They left this morning. I'm so jealous. I want to go to Thailand."

"So, that's where the mystery location was. Yeah, I'm jealous too," I agreed with Steph.

"I think I would want either a tropical honeymoon or one where I'm exploring different countries."

"I would love either."

"What is your dream destination?"

"Hawaii or Costa Rica."

"Interesting," Josh put his fingers on his chin and made a thinking pose.

"Why is that interesting?"

"Because it is."

"Okay," he smiled and made a weird face back.

"So, Damien, when are you two tying the knot?" Steph asked and Blake laughed loudly.

"Until there is a ring on this finger, we won't be next."

"Soon, baby."

"That's what you said last month."

"I know," I laughed at them and Josh smiled at me. I looked back at him and just felt my heart swell with happiness.