24.

"Some people don't understand the promises they're making when they make them," I said.

"Right, of course. But you keep the promise anyway. That's what love is. Love is keeping the promise anyway."

-John Green

December 27:

I dumped feed into Max's cage and walked quickly towards the break room.

"What are you up to tonight, birthday girl?" Kensie asked and I smiled at her.

"Josh has this surprise planned for us tonight and then I'm going to my aunt and uncle's tomorrow for dinner."

"Sounds exciting. I know you hate surprises."

"I've been so jumpy all day today. I just have no idea what he has planned."

"Well, whatever he is planning, I want the details."

"Definitely! I'm going to shower and head over to his apartment."

"Bye!"

"Bye!" I walked over to the showers and thought about what Josh's surprise was going to be. I showered quickly and pulled on a pair of dark-washed jeans and a long-sleeved, purple sweater. I pulled on my black ankle boots and pulled out my phone, before calling Josh.

"Hey Baby."

"Hey, I just got off work and showered. Am I still meeting you at your apartment?"

"Yes. I can't wait for tonight."

"I hate surprises."

"I know and I love being behind the surprise."

"Ugh," he laughed and I picked up my bag and purse, "I'm headed over now."

"Okay. I'll see you soon. I love you."

"I love you too," I packed up my bag and headed out to my car. I drove in anxious silence, hating that I didn't know what he was planning for tonight.

"Hey you," I opened the front door and Josh walked out of the kitchen.

"Hey. How was work?"

"Good. Max is doing well and Kensie says hi," he smiled and handed me a helmet.

"Are you ready for your surprise?"

"Yes!" He locked the door behind us and we drove off towards my birthday surprise. We stopped in front of a house and Josh turned, giving a smile.

"We're here."

"What is here exactly?"

"Our new home," I stared at him in shock.

"What? I don't know if I heard you correctly."

"I want us to start a life here. After losing the baby, I realized that I don't want to wait. I want you to move in with me."

"I don't know what to say. We've only been together for eleven months."

"That's just a number, Addy. I want to live with you."

"Can I think about it?"

"Yes, but can I show you the house?"

"Okay," I followed him into the house quickly. Every part of this house was perfect and I started to envision life here with Josh.

"What do you think?"

"I love it."

"I'm glad."

"I still want to think about it."