26.

"I would always rather be happy than dignified."

-Charlotte Brontë

Six months until the wedding:

I picked up the pan and sauteed the green beans.

"It smells great in here," Josh walked in and immediately dipped his finger into the bowl.

"Hey! Wait for the brownies to be baked."

"I'm way too impatient. It smells really good," I rolled my eyes and poured the batter into the pan.

"Brownies will be ready soon. What time will your parents be here?"

"They should be here in ten minutes."

"I'm excited to meet your brothers."

"They're great. Cody is bringing his fiancé, Jake and Miles is bringing his girlfriend, Victoria."

"I hope I made enough food," worry creased my brows and Josh rubbed my back slowly.

"Don't worry about the food, love. Everything is perfect," I smiled and kissed him quickly. A knock on the door made my hands sweat and Josh gave me a comforting smile, before opening the door.

"Hi!" I heard Juila's voice first and I smiled.

"Hi mom," Josh hugged her and then hugged his dad.

"Do you have the game recorded?" Josh nodded quickly and handed his dad the remote.

"Please don't sit on the couch and watch the game the whole time. We are here to visit Josh and Addy and talk about the wedding plans."

"I won't Juls. I just want to see the score."

"Hey everyone! Sorry, we're late," Cody announced and I walked over quickly.

"CJ. This is my fiance, Addy."

"It's so nice to meet you," I said happily.

"Same. JD talks about you nonstop when he is home visiting."

"JD?"

"Mom and Dad wanted all of us to have initial nicknames. Cody is CJ, I'm JD, and Miles is MK."

"That's cute. I know your middle name is David. What is yours, Cody?"

"Joseph. Miles is Kevin."

"It's a good idea for your future children, Addy. Makes each kid feel special and you can tell them apart when they're little," I giggled and smiled at Josh.

"We've decided to wait a few years after the wedding to start a family."

"I'm not getting any younger."

"This is my fiance, Jake."

"It's nice to meet you."

"You too."

"Thanks for changing the subject," Josh whispered to Cody.

"Anytime. I know how she is about her future grandchildren."

"Where's Miles?" I asked.

"They're stuck in traffic. He said to start without them and They'll join us when they get here." Josh read from his phone and I nodded quickly.

"Dinner is ready," I started bringing out everything and Josh followed. He pulled out my chair and kissed my cheek quickly.

"How is Max doing?" Julia asked and I smiled.

"She is doing great. Her baby is due in November, so once Josh and I get back from our honeymoon, I'll be working overtime until she delivers."

"I have faith that this one will make it," Josh said while squeezing my hand.