35.

"Life is a flame that is always burning itself out, but it catches fire again every time a child is born."

- George Bernard Shaw.

Ten weeks:

I finished mixing the muffin batter and Josh helped me pour it into the tins.

"I can put this in the oven, if you want to go and shower."

"Are you saying I smell?" He pulled me into his chest and kissed my cheek.

"No, but I know you have been showering twice a day since getting pregnant."

"Yeah, I'll go take one. I am just sweaty all the time now. I hate it," I mumbled and Josh kissed my forehead softly.

"I know. It will be worth it though."

"Let's trade. You can be sweaty all the time and have morning sickness and food aversions."

"If it was possible, I would, babe. In a heartbeat."

"Sap."

"You know it," he kissed me quickly and I walked down the hall.

After my much needed shower, I changed into leggings and a sweater.I grabbed my brush and started getting ready for today.

"What time are we headed to your parents?"

"I told them five."

"Muffins are done and in the tubs."

"Thanks. I'm ready."

"Great. You look beautiful by the way."

"Thanks!" I laced our fingers and we headed to his parents house.

"If you feel sick at all on the car ride let me know," I nodded. About 45 minutes later, I made Josh pull over onto the side of the road. I quickly opened the door and hurled myself out of the car. Josh scooped up my hair and I continued to throw up onto the ground. The warmth of his hand made me feel better instantly and I sat up. He handed me some water and I drank most of it.

"Thanks."

"I should've driven slower."

"No. It's okay. I just keep forgetting how sensitive I am now," I popped a couple mints in my mouth and Josh started to drive again. As soon as his street came into view, I felt nauseous again.

"You okay?" I nodded and followed him up to the door. Josh pushed the door open and his parents were cooking in the kitchen.

"JD? Addyson?" Josh laced our fingers and we walked into the kitchen.

"Hi mom. Sorry we are late. Traffic was bad as usual."

"I'm just glad to see you both. How has work been going? Oh! How is the new baby? I know Max is expecting again. This is her third baby, right?"

"She is doing great! Yes! I'm really proud of her. Sebastian is the newest baby's name. Max is having a girl this time."

"Any names up for grabs?"

"Laney is the one I chose, but there are also a couple other options."

"I can't wait to hear more. Everyone is here, so let's get dinner started," she clapped her hands together and we walked into the dining room. Everyone stood up and hugs were exchanged.

"Where is my niece?" I asked Cody.

"With Jake's parents. We are going on a small vacation this week."

"Have you heard anything from the adoption agency?"

"They are supposed to call us next week."

"I don't know what they are waiting for. You both are wonderful parents."

"Thank, Addy," I excused myself from the table and went into the restroom. After washing my hands I walked back into the dining room. Josh and Cody were deep in conversation about something and Miles walked up behind me.

"MK what's in your hands?" Julia looked behind me and I stared at what was in his hands. My mouth dropped as I realized that what he was holding was my ultrasound picture in his hands.

"Is that Victoria's?" Josh looked at me and my face turned red.

"Mom no it's...," Oliver was up faster than Josh and Miles gave me the picture.

"Miles Karman! That better not be an ultrasound picture!" Julia shouted and Josh grabbed me quickly.

"Mom, it's not ours. We aren't. We haven't...," Julia stopped and looked at Josh.

"Babe we should tell them," he instantly smiled and held out the photo.

"Well, we were going to surprise everyone in a couple of weeks, but the photo is ours.

"We're having a baby," Julia and Oliver wrapped us both in a hug and Miles joined in as well.

"Congratulations," Cody walked over and pulled me in a hug. Jake followed and hugged Josh.

"You both are going to make wonderful parents," Miles said and Julia pulled me into a hug.

"I know you will both be okay. I'm so excited to have a grandbaby."

"I'm on a really strict diet and making sure I don't overdo it. I have to go to the OBGYN twice a week right now, to make sure the baby stays healthy."

"So how far along are you?" Josh poured himself a glass of wine and filled my cup with water.

"Ten weeks," my left hand rested over my stomach and I picked up my fork with my right.

"I'm very excited to have more grandkids running around here," Oliver said and Josh wrapped his arm around the back of my chair.

"Miles. Are you still meeting up with Victoria?" Josh asked while finishing up his food.

"Yeah. Mom, can I please go?" Julia placed more food on Cody's plate and nodded.

"When are you going to propose? I know you were planning on it over the summer," Miles shrugged, grabbing his keys.

"Soon. The timing just hasn't been right. I want it to be perfect," he kissed Julia on the cheek and Oliver slapped him on the back.

"Keep us posted on where you are," I rested my head on Josh's shoulder and relaxed my body.

"Dessert?" I nodded and looked at the delicious piece of chocolate cake sitting in front of me. I ate most of the cake and Oliver stood up.

"A toast! To Josh, Addyson, and our newest family member!" We all touched glasses and continued to laugh and talk about what the future holds for all of us.