27.

"Sooner or later we've all got to let go of our past."

-Dan Brown

One month till the wedding: 

"Thank God you both are here!" Cody grabbed my hand and Josh followed quickly.

"Is everything going okay?" Josh asked and I looked at Cody.

"What needs to be done?"

"I don't know. My list is gone and Jake is outside setting up the ceremony. I'm stressing out," I pulled him into a hug and pulled out my phone.

"Let's start from the beginning. What needs to be done in the reception space?" He wiped off his face and looked at my phone.

"The tables need to be decorated and the name cards need to be written."

"Okay. Let's start there. Josh, can you grab all the table cloths and I'll grab the table settings. Can you do the name cards?"

"Yes. You're a lifesaver, Addy."

"I just want to make this day perfect for you and Jake."

"Thank you," he hugged me tightly and walked over to the table with all the name cards. Josh and I went from table to table, until everything was set. I clipped the last of the flowers and placed them in a vase.

"It looks beautiful in here, babe," Josh kissed my head softly and I smiled.

"You helped too."

"Nope. You did all the place settings and decorations. Just take the compliment," he kissed me quickly and I grumbled, before responding.

"Fine. Thank you."

"That wasn't so hard," I nudged him and Jake walked in quickly.

"Wow! It looks amazing in here!"

"It's all Addy."

"It's beautiful."

"Thank you."

"Where's my fiance?" I pointed to the table with the name cards and he smiled, before walking over to him.

"I want to see outside," I walked out of the reception area and looked at the ceremony space.

"Still want an indoor wedding?" Josh asked.

"This rose garden is beautiful."

"Our venue has a garden like this one. We should do the ceremony outside."

"Okay. You've convinced me."

"I'm glad, but honestly, you'd look beautiful in any setting," I flushed.

"Good. You guys are finished inside. I need bows tied on chairs," Julia ushered us quickly and I was handed a bulk of the fabric. After all the chairs were finished, guests started to arrive. I walked into Cody's room and he was struggling with his tie.

"Addy, would you mind?" I grabbed the fabric and tied it quickly. His hands were shaking and I looked at him quickly.

"You okay?"

"I'm nervous. I don't know why, but I am."

"What do you think it is that is making you nervous?"

"It's not Jake. I think it's his family. His parents are not accepting of our marriage. I know that's why he's nervous. Maybe I'm just channeling his energy," I smiled and nodded.

"I know this probably won't help, but just focus on today is about you and Jake. His parents have no say at the end of the day. It's your wedding, not theirs."