3.

"Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory."

-Dr. Seuss

I rolled over quickly and stared up at the dark ceiling. I closed my eyes and Xander's hands were around my neck. I opened my eyes and reached for my phone. I turned it on and groaned at the brightness from the screen. My thumb hovered over Josh's number and I pressed my lips together before dialing it.

"Addy. Everything okay?" he asked. His voice laced with sleep.

"Yes. Well no. I can't sleep. Every time I close my eyes I see him," I whispered into the phone and held back my tears again.

"I'm coming over," he stated before hanging up.

I saw that it's only five in the morning and so I jumped in the shower and changed into leggings and a tank top. Once dressed, I walked downstairs and into the kitchen. I started to make breakfast and ten minutes later, Josh knocked on the door. I turned the heat down on all the pans and walked over to the door.

"Hi," I said while opening the door.

"Hey," he answered back and followed me into the house.

"I made breakfast," I poured him a cup of coffee, "Milk and sugar?" I asked and he nodded.

"You didn't have to make breakfast," he took a sip of his coffee and I fixed him a plate.

"What do you have against free food?"

"Nothing," he stated and took the plate from my hands, "Thank you."

"I had to find another way to thank you for last night and saying thank you didn't feel like enough," I said honestly.

"You know that way into one's heart," I smiled at his comment and sat next to him at the counter.

"Addy it smells amazing!" I dropped my fork against the plate and turned around quickly.

"Oh," he stares at me then at Josh, "I didn't know anyone else was here,"

"Yeah this is," before I could finish talking, Josh stood up.

"I'm Josh. I was with Addy last night when everything happened," he finished talking and Randy shook his hand.

"I owe you one man. I can't believe I let that freak lay his hands on my baby sister."

"We didn't know Ran. It's not your fault," I gave him a hug and sat back down next to Josh.

"What are you doing here at six-thirty in the morning?" Randy asked while filling his plate with food.

"I asked him to come over because I couldn't sleep," I answered before Josh.

Ran just nodded and sat down facing us.

"Do you want some ice for your face?" Ran asked and the throbbing returned to my face.

"Yes please," I pressed the ice pack against my cheek and winced at the contact.

"I want to kill him," Ran mumbled and I frowned.

"Me too," Josh said, surprising me.

"As much he deserves it, he's already in jail," Josh grabbed my plate and stood up slowly.

"You're right," Josh agreed and gave me a small smile.

"I'm going to get ready for work. Call Mike. You shouldn't go in today," I nodded because he was right.

I picked up my phone and dialed his number.

"Hey Addyson. How was your birthday?" he asked and my stomach turned to knots.