4.

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye."

-H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

February:

The ice broke under me and I spun my body into the air again.

"You have to land the triple Addy!" my partner, Blake, shouted from the other side of the rink.

"Start at the eights!" I shouted back.

He started towards the middle of the rink and I followed. The cold air rushed across my face and Blake grabbed my waist. He lifted me into the air and I pulled my legs up. We both started to count out loud.

"Six, seven, eight!"

"Prep!" Blake shouted and I increased my speed.

"You got this," I said to myself and started to lift my body into the air. I felt myself spin and I prepped my landing and landed with my left leg in the air and I bent over and grabbed my ankle. I stopped spinning and stood up.

"That was so much better. We are going to kick ass at nationals!"

"Where is Damien taking you for this Valentine's Day weekend?" I asked while getting off the ice.

"It's more like a two week vacation. We are going to Hawaii," he said with excitement.

"That's so great," I said trying to hide my jealousy. It's been almost a month since my date with Josh and I keep hoping he will text or call me.

"I should get going. My shift starts in two hours and I really don't want to go without showering like last week," I stated while taking off my skates.

"Has Josh texted or called you?" I shook my head and he frowned.

"He's probably just busy."

"That's the lamest excuse you could make for him. If he's into you, then he better grow some and call you, because that's what you deserve," Blake snapped and I smiled.

"Thanks," I gave him a hug and looked over his shoulder to see Damien walking in, "I think mister perfect is here to sweep you away," I whispered and he pulled away quickly.

"Lovey!" Blake shouted with excitement and ran over to Damien, pulling him into a hug.

"Did you guys finish the show?" he asked and I nodded.

"I finally landed my triple," I gloated.

"That's great," he picked up Blake's bag and pulled it onto his shoulder.

"Have a great shift Addy. Love you!" Blake gave me another hug and walked towards the door before stopping, "Call him first. This isn't the fifties,"

"Okay," I agreed. I placed my skates behind the counter and picked up my phone. I clicked on his name and held the phone to my ear.

"Addy?" he answered.

"Hey Josh. How have you been?" I asked while pulling out my work clothes.

"Busy. My shop ended up having eight cars in the shop due to a car accident last month," he explained.

"Is everyone okay?" I asked and he nodded.

"No one was seriously hurt, but we are getting a lot of complainers. They thought we were magicians and could have their cars fixed in minutes," he said sarcastically. I smiled.

"I thought you were," I stopped talking.

"I told you this time was going to be different. I'm sorry that I didn't reach out. I was sleeping at the shop every night. I'm sorry that I didn't call or text. I figured you'd be asleep by the time I finished," I walked into the bathroom and placed my clothes on the counter.