7.

"Maybe there's something you're afraid to say, or someone you're afraid to love, or somewhere you're afraid to go. It's gonna hurt. It's gonna hurt because it matters."
-John Green

Valentine's Day:

I dumped food into the elephant feeders and set the bin down quickly.

"Where are you and mister perfect going tonight?" Kensie asked.

"We are going to K-Bar tonight," I answered while grabbing more food for the elephants.

"Cute. Ben and I are ordering pizza. The perks of being married with four kids," she said and I gave her a bin.

"You guys should get a sitter. When was your last kid free date?"

"Two years ago. The twins weren't born yet. Also no sitter in their right mind would watch four kids," Kensie stated and I shrugged.

"No harm in asking. Mick is always looking for extra jobs," I offered.

"I'll ask her at lunch."

We finished feeding the elephants and headed towards the break area. I slipped off my hat and opened the door for us.

"There's a man in here," Kensie stated and I peaked around her quickly.

"Josh?" I moved around Kensie and he moved to give me a hug, "I wouldn't do that, unless you want to smell like the zoo for the rest of the day,"

"I'll risk it. I normally smell like gasoline and motor oil anyways," he gave me a hug and I smiled into his chest. I pulled away slowly and looked up at him.

"What are you doing here?"

"I was on my lunch break and I wanted to know if we could get lunch together?"

"Sure! Let me change into fresh clothes. My shift just ended," I said and then looked at Kensie.

"Kensie, this is Josh. Josh this is my best friend Kensie," I introduced them before leaving to change.

I quickly changed out of my work clothes and threw them into my bag. I slipped on jeans and a sweatshirt before putting on deodorant and perfume. Luckily, the zoo smell is not super strong. I pulled my hair from the braids they were currently in, and ran a brush through all the waves. I looked in the mirror one last time before walking back into the break room.

"Ready when you are," I said and Josh stood up from the couch.

"Great! It was nice meeting you Kensie and I'll definitely take you up on getting your husband out of the house. I've got a couple bikes he can ride," Josh gave her a hug and she looked over at me.

"Double this Friday?" she asked and we both nodded.

"Send me the details," I gave her a hug before leaving with Josh.

"Are you working Tuesday?"

"Yeah. I'm working a night shift," I said and then stopped.

"What is it?" I heard him say, but all I could see was Doctor Hansen walking towards us.

"What is it?" he gave me a sad look and I knew.

"Angel?"

"We tried everything. She just started having respiratory problems and then she flat-lined before we could get any fluids and the respirator set up. I'm so sorry Addyson," I covered my mouth and my whole body started to shake.

"Where's Maxine? I need to make sure she's okay. She could follow due to shock," I started walking towards the enclosure and Doctor Hansen grabbed my arm.