25.

"Never love anyone who treats you like you're ordinary."

-Oscar Wilde

March:

I washed my hands and smiled at Max.

"Hi, girl. Your baby boy looks happy and healthy."

"She's on track for her due date in November," Mike stated and I smiled.

"I'm just excited for Max to have her baby."

"Me too. Oh, your shift is over. Head home, I'll see you Monday," I nodded and said a quick goodbye.

"By Max. Be a good girl for the weekend keepers," I rubbed her neck softly and walked towards the break room. I jumped in the shower and found myself thinking about the miscarriage. I'm so happy that Max is getting her second chance, but I knew that I wanted mine too. I turned off the water and changed quickly.

Addy: On my way home.

Josh: I'm still at the shop. I ordered takeout for you. I won't be home until late tonight.

Addy: You've found the way into my heart. Thank you for dinner. I'll see you when you get home tonight. Love you!

Josh: I'm glad I finally figured out the way. I love you too!

I slid my phone into my back pocket and walked out to my car. I pulled into the driveway thirty minutes later and pulled out my keys. I twisted the lock open and pushed the door open. Startled, I dropped my bag and keys on the ground.

"Josh?" My voice cracked and he smiled at me, "I thought you..."

"Yeah, I know. The takeout wasn't a lie though," I laughed and he grabbed my hands in his.

"What kind of take-out?"

"Chinese, but I need to get this out first," I gave him a confused look.

"What do you mean?"

"Okay," he took a deep breath before continuing, "Addy. I am the luckiest man alive because I got a second chance. Ever since that night on the boardwalk, I wanted you in my life forever," he got down on one knee and I gasped, "Addison Barnes. Will you marry me," I was nodding before I could answer.

"Yes!" He stood up quickly and pulled me into his arms.

"I love you," he whispered and I kissed him.

"I love you too," he pulled away and grabbed the ring.

"My hands are shaking so much," he chuckled and I watched the ring slide into place.

"It's beautiful," he smiled and kissed me again.

"I saw it on your Pinterest."

"You're perfect."

"I know," I shoved his shoulder and he laughed.

"You're so annoying sometimes."

"You love it."

"I do."

"We should start calling everyone."

"I know, but we should celebrate first," I grabbed the front of his shirt and he smiled.

"I like how you think," I laughed and he scooped me up into his arms.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

After our 'celebration', we called everyone.

"Addy and I are engaged!" Josh shouted into the phone and his parents cheered.

"I knew you guys would get married. The first time I met you, Addy, I knew you were it for my son."

"Thank you, Julia. I am so happy to have you both in my life."

"Well go on and make more calls. We will see you both for dinner on Sunday."

"Love you, mom."

"Love you both," she hung up and I pulled out my phone to call Ollie.

"Hey!"

"Is Ian with you?"

"Let me grab him," there was silence on her end, and then she came back, "We're here."

"Addy and I are engaged!"

"Congrats!" They both shouted and Josh pulled me into his chest.

"Thank you. I was nervous she was going to say no," I smiled at him and shook my head.

"No way. You're stuck with me."

"Barf. We're we this bad?"

"Yes!" We said together and Ian laughed.

"Fair."

"We have more calls to make, but yay we're getting married!" I shouted and Josh kissed my forehead.

"Love you guys!" They hung up and Josh looked at me quickly.

"We should eat dinner before we finish making phone calls."

"Let's call Randy and Steph first."

"Ran knows about it already."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I asked for his blessing."

"You did? Oh, Josh," I teared up and he wiped under my eyes.

"He's your brother."

"Thank you."

"Let's call them, okay? Then food," I nodded and he dialed Ran's number.

"Hey, Josh."

"Josh proposed!" I shouted before Josh could.

"Congrats! Steph is putting Caden down, let me go and get her real quick. Babe. Addy and Josh have some news," he whispered, "Okay we're downstairs."

"We're engaged!" Josh and I shouted together.

"Oh my god! I'm so happy for you guys!"

"Thank you. It was unexpected."

"Oh, I knew it was coming. Ran told me that you asked for his blessing."

"Awwww."

"Anyways, we should let you both go. I know there are tons of calls to make."

"We should go out tomorrow and celebrate."

"I'll look for a sitter," Randy stated and I smiled at Josh.

"Have a good night," he said into the phone and hung up, "Let's eat before we make more calls."

"Sounds good and Josh," he looked at me and smiled, "Thank you for making my life so amazing."

"I love you, Addy."

"I love you."