38.

Thirty weeks:

I gripped my pillow and a warm pair of hands brushed through my hair.

"Addy. Addy. Wake up. It's just a dream. You're okay. You're safe," my eyes opened slowly and Josh wiped away my tears. I took a deep breath and blinked slowly. The nightmares are getting worse.

"This is the fourth night in a row."

"The nightmares came back again?" I nodded and he pulled me into his lap, "He's healthy and everything will be perfect next month."

"I can't lose him too," a loud sob escaped my lips and he hugged me tightly. His hands rubbed my back and I felt my anxiety leave slowly.

"Try and get some sleep, okay?"

"Okay. I'm sorry for keeping you up."

"No sorrys. It's not your fault. Once he is here, everything will be perfect," Josh placed three loving kisses on my forehead and I fell asleep in his arms.

Light-filled the room and I sat up slowly. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and Josh walked in with breakfast.

"Breakfast in bed?"

"I figured after last night, you deserved it," I kissed him quickly and he placed the tray on the bed in between us.

"This is a great spread. I've been craving waffles since last week and peanut butter."

"There is also turkey bacon and yogurt."

"Thank you."

"I'm excited to see him today."

"Me too. They said we will be able to see his face clearer on this one."

"I wonder what genetics will carry over?"

"I hope he gets your green eyes."

"Me too. I hope he gets your brown hair and your smile and nose," he kissed my lips and placed his hands over my tummy.

"He will be perfect," I finished eating and we got ready for the ultrasound. I leaned over and tried to grab my Converse. I exhaled and shoved my feet into my flip-flops instead.

"You ready?"

"Yes," I stood up and walked down the hall.

"We are going to go over to Steph and Randy's after the appointment."

"Sounds good. I miss my nephews so much," he opened the door and I followed him to the car.

"Me too. I can't believe Logan is almost two already."

"I know. Caden is almost six," we drove over to the hospital and Josh laced our fingers.

"Ready to see our son?"

"Yes," he climbed out of the car and opened my door. He helped me out of the car and we walked through the doors. Josh sat down and I walked up to the front desk.

"Hi, I'm here for my ten o'clock appointment."

"Good morning! Can I get your name?"

"Addyson Carter."

"3D ultrasound imaging today?"

"Yes."

"Here's your check-in paperwork and the nurse will come and get you in ten minutes."

"Thanks," I grabbed the clipboard and walked back to Josh.

"They always give you so much paperwork."

"I know," I filled everything out quickly and Josh brought the clipboard back to the front counter. My phone vibrated and I unlocked my texts.

Steph: Hey! Can you bring drinks?