5

The rest of the walk was kind of awkward. We didn't say a thing after the cream moment. I felt weird about it, shy maybe? However I feel like she was mad at me, but didn't want to show it.

We arrived to what seemed like a hidden little town? I've never seen something like it. There were little houses all around the mountain, perfectly placed between trees. The road was well built and neatly painted; I guess cars aren't common here.

"So, this is mostly what we'll be doing for the time you're here." Hayul broke the silence, "elders live in these little houses. I come 4 days a week to help them with laundry, cleaning, cooking, and anything else they need. It's scheduled though, so there are specific days for each house.

"Okay"

"I brought the fruit we prepared yesterday, so today we'll be delivering it. There are gonna be days where they won't need anything, they'll let us know."

She walked uphill, I followed her. I have to admit the air and freshness of this place is healing. Not a single sound of the city, just nature; it's amazing.

"Oh, Hayul, how are you darling?"

"Hi mrs Kim! I've been great! How was the trip?"

"We had fun! My husband not so much" the old lady chuckled, "he's still afraid of water so he didn't enjoy the lake activity, but he's fine now"

Hayul laughed too. I actually hadn't seen her laugh like that; she's been telling me to smile more, but she doesn't smile herself frequently either.

"It's never late to learn something new. I'm sure he'll grow to like it!"

"No I won't!" A grumpy voice echoed from the other room. Hayul just rolled her eyes, and the old lady too.

"Anyway. I brought you some fruit-"

"Aren't you going to introduce me to your boyfriend?" She now looked at me intrigued.

"Honey! Hayul has a boyfriend!"

"Oh no no, actually-"

"What?? I didn't give her permission to have a boyfriend yet!" The man said, his voice sounded closer, revealing a figure by the door. I didn't expect such a voice to come from such a cute senior.

"Are you her boyfriend?" The man pointed me with his cane. I shrugged my shoulders about to say no, but of course Hayul went first.

"First, he's not my boyfriend!" She chuckled, "he's not my type" she whispered to the lady, but I'm certain she wanted me to hear that. "And Second, I'm a grown up woman who doesn't need permission for a boyfriend!" She pointed playfully at the old man, he scoffed.

"I can't let our Hayul to go dating any boy, he has to be special!" He said. Hayul went to him and hugged him tightly. "Ugh no no, I don't like hugs"

"Stop complaining!" Hayul laughed.

The lady turned to me, who remained silent the whole time. "Well boy? Aren't you going to introduce yourself?"

"Ah, yes, Im sorry" I bowed.

"You don't have to be so formal. If you're Hayul's friend, you are just fine."

"Oh, thank you, sorry"

"Stop apologizing" she teased

"So-ahem, okay" I cleared my throat, too much awkwardness.

"He's a bit shy mrs Kim, but he's really nice people, you'll see." Hayul smiled.

Only that I'm not...

"This is Sam, he's going to be here with us for a while, helping!"

"He's lovely" the lady said. I bowed and thanked her for the compliment.