33• GoodBye

15 days flew away faster than I would've wanted. Even though we made sure to spend every day together, as last day came closer, Hayul looked more affected.

I had mixed feelings, because I for sure wanted to return, but I didn't want to stop seeing Hayul at all. I know everything has a process and I have to figure this one out, but the fact that I don't know how long will it take, affects me too.

"I wish you didn't have to go so soon" she said. We were laying down side by side on the grass at the open-sky spot uphill.

"I know... I've been here for almost three months, but I also feel like it's been not much since I came."

"Did you enjoy your time here? I mean... was it what you expected?"

"You have no idea of how good it did to me. It wasn't what I expected at all, though..." I looked up to the sky.

"I'm sure meeting some girl wasn't part of your plan" she chuckled.

"You're not just  "some girl"."

"Oh come on" she looked away shy.

"I don't think you're aware of how much you helped me get over a lot of things"

"I did?"

"For real?" I rested my head on her shoulder, "you taught me so many good things I would have probably never thought of, and I feel so grateful"

"Like the watermelon?" She chuckled.

"Exactly like the watermelon!" 

"I knew there was something deep inside that grumpy face of yours" 

"Hey! It's a handsome face"

"Which is even worse, grumpy and handsome isn't a good combination. Good thing yours is handsome and kind"

"Kin-"

"And talented"

"Wha-"

"Hard working"  she kissed my cheek. "Attentive" followed by another one, "humble" another kiss. I had the biggest smile. "Good Cologne smelling"

"I wasn't expecting that one" I laughed. She turned completely to me, and I turned my face to hers.

"Pretty eyes"

"No, you're the one with pretty eyes"

"You think so?" She blinked a few times on purpose.

"It's the only place I've been able to find peace"

"What's that~" she cringed, but her face was still red. We laughed out loud again, but of course, and I don't care how cliché sounds, I stopped laughing while she still did, because I like her so much, and her smile makes me happy.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

3rd Pov

"Well, I'm cold enough to take out the blanket now." Hayul sat up and pulled a blanket out of her backpack, with some snacks too. "Are you telling me what's the surprise now?"

"It'll start any time now"

"I don't get why you keep organizing surprises for me, I dont like it" she extended the blanket and put in on both of them, coming back to rest beside Hyunjin.

"You're just impatient. Keep looking up and you'll see"

She rolled her eyes as she looked up.

"Come here" He offered his arm as pillow. She rested her head on his shoulder and her hand on his chest, while he rested his hand on hers.

"Can you imagine if someone snapped a picture of us right now? You'd be in so much trouble" Hayul giggled.

"Maybe if I wasn't in the situation I am, I wouldn't really care." He kept looking up, waiting for the surprise. Hayul didn't reply anything, making him look back at her.

"You know what I found in your eyes?" She suddenly drops the question, recalling the conversation they had earlier. "Love" 

He didn't know what to say. The way that small phrase hit his heart so hard got him speechless.

"Oh my god. Say somethiiing~" she cringed at her own words, but before she could hide her face, he leaned closer and kissed her.

A long, sweet and gentle kiss, to which she gave in immediately. They had shared a lot of kisses before, but this one was special. This one overflowed genuine love. 

Noses touching, skin caressing, they stared into each other's soul for what felt like hours. Hyunjin pulled away a little to kiss her cheek.

"Ah!" She gasped, looking up to the sky. "Did you see that?! I just saw a shooting star!"

"Surprise" he smiled, satisfied. She looked at him a little confused.

"Get comfy here, it's a meteor shower"

"For real?! I haven't seen one before! How did you know about it?"

"I saw some article talking about it a few days ago, so I thought it'd be nice to come here and watch."

"Oh my god! Another one!" She clapped happily, resting back on his chest. "Should I wish for something?"

"You'll get a lot of wishes granted" he smiled.

"Thank you" she hugged him, as they eventually melt into each other even more.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
After such beautiful show, very late at night, they picked their stuff up and made their way back to the cabins. It was Hyunjin's last day there, he was leaving first thing in the morning.

They made sure to spend all day together, since they wouldn't be able to say goodbye like they wanted to in front of staff members.

"Well... I guess... this is it" her eyes started watering a little.

"If you cry, I'll cry too and won't be able to sleep"

"I'm sorry, I just... well you know I'm a little sensitive" she chuckled. A single tear ran down her cold cheek.

"Listen" he wiped it off with his thumb, "it'll be temporary. Let me fix everything, and I'll come back to you properly. I'll text you as much as I can, let's keep talking that way, I promise to take as less as possible, okay?" He had a knot in his throat.

"Don't worry, I'll wait. If the surprise is you, I wont feel impatient." She joked, more tears coming down."It's just that saying goodbye is never easy"

"It's not, you're right" he sighed, caressing her hair. "Take care of yourself, don't overwork, eat properly, rest properly... stay as bright and happy as you are"

"I will, don't worry." She sniffed, "you make sure to keep smiling as pretty as you do, "Sam"."

"I'm so sorry  about that" they both chuckled. "I want to see you coming back as strong and happy as ever, okay?" She said.

He replied with another soft kiss, followed by a hug. Even though the knew they'd eventually see each other again, they didn't want to be apart.

"I'm gonna miss you, Hayul"

"I'm going to miss you so much too, Hwang Hyunjin"
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
After some more tears and goodbyes, Hyunjin and Hayul hugged and kissed one last time, before he returned to his cabin. Next day, first thing in the morning, the company came to pick him up. Finally, he left back to Seoul; to resume his idol life.