22.

Hyunjin POV

Since I was picked up today, I wasn't able to text Hayul and let her know I'd be away for today. I totally forgot about it yesterday, my brain was totally malfunctioning.

I attempted to do it while on my way to Seoul, but the manager sat beside me, almost monitoring what I did on the phone, and I couldn't open her chat with him looking, especially not after he clearly said -no girlfriend- if I wanted to see her again, I had to be careful.

We arrived around 9. As soon as we stepped off, he took away my phone and stuff, and I immediately was taken inside a studio. Since I'm back here, I have to be careful about people seeing me, since I'm on hiatus.

We first went into recording the song. I got to see the boys again, and worked on the song with Changbin, Han and Chan. I couldn't hang out with them afterwards like normally, since cameras are constantly on them.

Recording took about 3 hours, as they arranged and fixed some things, rewrote lyrics and let me practice them.

Before I knew it, it was already 12. The staff brought lunch inside, Han and Changbin went out with the others, but Chan stayed with me.

"How's everything going?" He asked, eating.

"It's good. I've been working with elders and helping with cleaning and taking care of fruits."

"I'm glad. But I meant how are you feeling? Are you better?"

"I'm certainly better than when I left, better than when everything started."

"That's what matters, Hyunjinie. I want you to always be happy." He smiled. For a moment, it reminded me of what Hayul is always saying to me about smiling and being happy.

"Chan Hyung, I truly didn't mean it"

"What?" He tilted his head.

"Everything that happened with my classmate..It was never my intention to hurt anybody. I was a kid back then, I wasn't mature enough and didn't know-"

"I believe you, Hyunjinie. I believe we all make mistakes we aren't really aware of, but you didn't mean it, you're a good kid, and you've grown to be a good person."

"Thank you" I started tearing up. Chan left his lunch aside and got closer to me, giving me a warm hug. I can't even describe the appreciation and respect I feel for him. He's really the best.

"Now let's eat, you need to film your scene soon!" He patted my head.

Before finishing our lunch and picking everything up, he asked me something.

"So where were you yesterday?"

I immediately looked at him, nervous, but he was smiling.

"I.. uh.."

"I'll just tell you something" he got closer, placing his hand on my shoulder.

"I'd be very happy if you find that special someone.."

"That's -"

"But" he laughed, "just be careful. Unfortunately, you're being tested right now by the public, we don't want an additional scandal for a relationship."

"She's not my girl-"

"So it's a she"

"I'll stop talking" I chuckled.

"I'm so happy for you" he hugged me again. I felt embarrassed, but happy at the same time.

.
.
.
.
.
.
The day went by really fast. Filming my parts of the music video took a while, about 4 more hours. After a long tiring day, I was finally sitting back in the van, on my way back to the cabins.

The manager didn't come with me this time, he just handed me my belongings and said goodbye.

I settled down in the car. I really wanted to take out the phone and check out messages and such, but I was too tired. Since it's a long way, I decided to sleep for at least an hour.

.
.
.
.
The cold wind woke me up, it was already dark. I opened my eyes, immediately moving my hands to close the window. I sat back properly.

"How much more untill we arrive?"

"Actually, about 10 minutes" the driver answered. Damn I slept a lot. I guess I'm not used to working these much again.

I took out my phone, I had like a million notifications. I was told the bubble app allowed people to text more messages if the artists didn't reply within a few days, so that's why I was getting a lot of them. I wish I could read them soon.

I read messages from the boys and my family. I glanced outside the window and recognized the road, we were almost there. Looking back to my phone, the last notification was a message from Hayul. I hope she's not angry at me for not saying anything, but I'm sure she is, actually.

I noticed she texted me around 10:30 am, I felt bad for not being able to reply, I guess I had to think about a good excuse.

I started reading the message.

Why is she saying goodbye as if I wasn't going back? Is she dumb? I would never leave for good without telling her. She's also talking about my hair, even though she admited she liked it, how cute.

Her text got weirder within seconds, I didn't understand her.

"We're here, sir" I heard the driver say, the car stopped.

..what? My fans?

"Hwang Hyunjin! "

I felt horribly confused, and I would be lying if I said I didn't feel a hole in my stomach. How the hell does she know my name?

She knew?

All this time... she knew?