29. Seoul

Two weeks later

After some days organizing the surprise trip for Hayul, with the help of Chan and the others, I successfully managed to buy tickets to go and come back the same day, as well as plan different activities for the day, including dinner with the boys.

"I have a surprise for you" I smiled; we were collecting watermelons.

"Oh really?" She looked at me with suspicious eyes.

"Really. "

"What is it?"

"Didn't I just say it's a surprise?"

"I don't like surprises!" She chuckled.

"Why not?"

"Because I don't know what's going to happen."

"Well, duh! That's what surprises are for!" I placed the last box of watermelons in the cart. "Anyways, be ready tomorrow at 5:30 am"

"5:30 AM?!" She raised her voice.

"Yup!"

"You can't even wake up at 9!"

"Yeah, but tomorrow is different so I'll do it!

"You're doing for me? "She pouted, trying to be cute, and I fell for it. I came closer to her and pecked her cheek.

"Of course!" I smiled, "I know you're gonna love it."

"What do I have to wear? Do I need fancy clothes?"

"Wear whatever you like, you look beautiful with everything."

"Tch... stop being cheesy!" She hopped on the cart, ready to go.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Maybe I am regretting booking bus tickets so early; not because of the hour, but because of the freezing to death cold. I took a shower and had breakfast, and went to pick up Hayul.

"Are you ready?" I asked as she closed the door behind her.

"I'm cold"

"I'll warm you up on the bus"

"I-it's okay..." She blushed. "So... are you gonna tell me where are we going?"

"Not just yet." I smirked, she rolled her eyes away and walked past me, heading towards the exit. I caught up to her, taking her hand in mine and bringing it into my sweater pocket., earning a smile from her.

The bus arrived shortly; it was 5:45am. We made our way to our sits; she took the window. Once comfortable, she leaned her head on my shoulder, while still watching through the window.

The little screen in front of us turned on, catching her attention.

"Arriving to Seoul in: 2 hours 45 minutes"

She immediately turned her head abruptly to me, eyes widened and an incredulous yet excited smile carving on her face.

"Are you for real?!"

"Well, we're already on our way, aren't we?"

She threw herself to hug me very tightly, I couldn't be happier about it. I gave her back one of the many smiles she gave me.

I thought she'd be sleeping at some point, but she was so excited she couldn't even blink, and as much as I wanted to sleep, I couldn't stop staring at her and all the expressions she made for every new thing she saw.

We arrived to Seoul at 8:35 am. Hayul almost crawled over me to get down the bus and run towards everything, she's so cute.

"Are you happy?"