18•

We ran past our cabins downhill and went all the way uphill again on the other side. I was tired of running, but she dragged me happily. We passed beside the watermelon plants and went even further, to a section I've never been in.

She stopped all of the sudden and turned around, smiling. I was trying to catch my breath, I felt horribly tired, not even funny.

"I'm gonna kill you for making me ru-"

"Close your eyes" she interrupted.

"Huh?"

"Just do it!" She raised her voice.

"Okay, okay," I raised my palms. I closed my eyes and felt her hand holding mine, my heart beated faster for it.

She helped me walking through what I guess was uneven ground, untill I felt it completely flat, and it also felt colder than before.

"You can open them now" 

I opened my eyes to one of the most beautiful places I've ever been in. It was a wide open space right in the middle of the trees, more like the trees surrounded  a perfect low grass circle.

"I've been here for a while now and I've never seen this place"

"I know you haven't" 

"How come?"

"Because you seem like someone who'd be here every night chilling" she smiled.

She was right though, but I actually never had time to do things like this back in Seoul, my schedules are too tight.

"Come on, let's go sit!" Hayul started walking further into de big space. A few meters after, we both sat down; I looked up, then sun had already set, but it left the sky with pretty colors.

I glanced to Hayul, and she was again pulling out her phone and earphones. She plugged them in, I just stared at her actions confused. She put one in, and gave me the other one, I took it and put it in too.

"I want you to listen to this song"  she said, scrolling through her playlist and picking the song.

The melody was catchy and pretty. The moment it started, it made me feel happy, it's a rythm I've heard a couple of times before.

We said nothing as the song played, I danced to the melody, moving my head side to side, Hayul on the other side, just listened to it while looking up to the sky; maybe she's heard it a lot.

As soon as the song ended, she took off the earphones from both of us and sat facing me. I blinked a few times before asking her.

"What's wrong?"

"Did you enjoy the song?"

"Very much! The melody is beautiful!"

"Did it make you smile?"

"It made me feel happy throughout it, yeah, why?"

"The singer of this song, wrote the lyrics for his wife who passed away during their honey moon"

"What?!"

"She drowned"

"That's a lie"

"It's not. I'm certain you paid no attention to the lyrics"

Now that she mentions it, I actually didn't, I was more into the catchy music.

"Why would you ruin the song for me like that?"

"I'm not ruining it! That's what the song is about!"

"That story is too sad for the melody!"

"That's exactly my point" she smiled. "The singer went through the most difficult and harsh situation someone can ever be in, yet he composed a song that seems to be happy"

"I don't get it"

"Of course you don't" she laughed. "He wanted to write a song to his wife, but he wanted it to be happy, so every time he'd listen to it, he'd remember happy moments with her, and the melody would make everyone else happy."

I thought about it, and it made a lot of sense, a happy song for a sad memory.

"What I mean is," she continued, "no matter how hard things are going for you now, you should always be happy"

Those words took the biggest smile out of me, Hayul once again taught me another cool lesson. I should in fact be happy and grateful for what I have, and focus positively on what I need to work on myself.

"How are you so wise?" I asked.

"I'm not wise" she chuckled, tilting her head back and breathing deeply in. "I just came across this song a few years ago, when I was feeling down with a lot of things in my life, and I learned by myself. If I'm not happy with me and for me, no one else can be."

"Thank you for this" I smiled, she gave the smile back.

"You've said before you don't really want to share your frustrations with me, and I understand that, but I won't allow you to doubt yourself and go around looking down."

I couldn't find any words to say to her. I felt bad for not talking to her about it, but she doesn't even know who I really am, let's start from there. As much as wanted to talk it out, I couldn't.

"I'm sorry I can't talk about it"

"Don't apologize Sam, I understand it. We all have things we'd better keep inside, that's fine. I just want you to enjoy your time here." She patted my head as if she wasn't as small as she is.

I extended my arm and patted her head too, joking around.

"You don't have to Pat me, I don't feel down today"

"I'm patting you because you're small"

"I'm small but I take better care of you than you do it yourself, and you're giant"

I couldn't help but to let another laugh out.

"See? You look better when you smile"

It's the second time she says this, and it never fails to make my heart flutter. I looked back at her, and we looked at each other for a few seconds.

"T-too bad that long hair makes you loo-"

"Hey! Why do you hate my hair so much?" I stood up, she stood up too and started running away from me, laughing out loud. I followed her all the way back downhill, but of course, my terrible condition for running ruined it.

"See you tomorrow, Sam!" She waved back, still running towards her cabin. I just raised my arm and waved back, turning around to go to my cabin.

"It's Hyunjin..."

Maybe I should tell you the truth.

A/n: Hello everyone! How are you all doing? I hope you guys are great.

Just wanted to share it with you guys, the song I'm talking about does exist, and as far as I know, the story about the singer's wife is true. If you're curious about it, you can look it up, it's kind of an old song from when I was in school, I remembered about it a few weeks ago and listened to it again.

It's actually a hit here, they still play it on the radio and music programs, and the song is from 2002!

Anyway, the song's name is "Caraluna" it's in Spanish. The singer's name(band) is "Bacilos". If you look it up, please do tell me if you liked it! I'd love to hear your opinion!

Thank you so much for reading Days Gone! I hope you're enjoying it! Please remember to vote🥰🙏🏻

Stay safe and happy! See you🧡