CHAPTER TWENTY

Ali stared at the bathroom door for the umpteenth time that morning, he shook his head and turned back to working on his laptop.

He just can't get why Amira would take more than fifteen minutes bathing a three years old. They've been singing every possible rhyme in there and it's becoming unbearable.

His wife is one deal of an unpredictable woman. This minute she's this and the next...

He sighed again, saving his work.

She should get out of there and let them talk about their trip. He needs to know what his schedule is.

Five more minutes and they're out. He gave them a glance and scowled at how wet she was. Did she bathe with her cloths on?

The child jumped on the bed from her arms and Ali moved his eyes to him as he bundled himself in his towel whispering; sanyi, sanyi.

"Stop giving him that eye." Amira said making him turn back to her.

She went to the wardrobe and brought out a towel, dried her face with it.

Ali shook his head and scrolled down on the document he opened.

Amira dressed the boy up and sent him off to go have breakfast.

"You've been quiet." She said without looking his way, clearing the things she used from the bed.

Ali stared at her again and she turned around, took off her shirt and tied a towel.

He went back to his laptop and after she disposed her wet clothes, came back to him.

"Are you under an oath of silence?"

He didn't respond.

"Wait are you giving me the cold shoulder?" She frowned and he glanced at her for a long second.

"Are we discussing about this or not going?"

"Have a seat." He said, putting down the system.

Amira gave him a long glance before lowering on the bed.

"How is the trip going to be?"

She furrowed her brows at him and was almost swayed by his calm demeanour. Oh well, she's used to that about her husband. "Are you asking me if I wanna go?"

"I know you don't want to and we will wether you tell me why's it you don't want to or no. So just answer my question."

"Well I do appreciate that you do know I don't wanna go but still forcing me to." She sassed.

"Cut the crap Amira."

She sealed her eyes and puffed out. "Ali_"

"You really shouldn't waste your time, I didn't take a leave for nothing." He cut her short.

Amira peered straight at him for long seconds before looking away, sighing. "You really don't know anything about me Ali, especially my background."

"And I'm more than willing to listen if you're willing to tell me about it."

She stood up from the bed, fighting back the tears threatening to fall. She hates how easily she cries wallah. "I'm scared of what might happen if we go there Ali, I fear that this might create a rift in our relationship which can never be mended."

"Don't try to blackmail me in that mannerism Amira."

"How long are we staying there?" She turned around to face him.

"After new year."

"You mean more than a week?"

"Two."