CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE

Three days later and Ali has been unconscious. She'd been keeping her distance ever since that day why? She's honestly unsure.

Could it be because she wasn't ready? She's honestly still mad at him for what he did. Or was it because she's scared, as hell, scared that he'll really have complications? Disabilities?

She could understand why he wasn't able to speak but then why couldn't he move? Does he really have nervous damage? Will her Ash ever be okay?

They'd gone, she, her mum and sisters to visit Hajiya Halimah and the Lamido two days back and on their way home, they stopped to check on Ali but she couldn't bear to get down from the car and go see him.

She'd experienced two petrifying situations with him, she wasn't ready for another yet.

"Hey what's going on in that head of yours?" Nabeelah asked as she brought their lunch for them in the sitting room.

Amira shook her head, folding her legs and drew the plate closer to her. "Thanks."

"Hope you won't throw it up again."

Amira smiled, already wanting to throw up at the sight of the porridge yam. Who said pregnancy was easy? Ever since she found out she's pregnant, her constant craving for food was there but she'd almost always take it out after eating. At some point she wished she never found out she's pregnant.

"You should stop overthinking, it's not good for you or the baby."

"If only system reset was possible on the human brain."

Nabeelah chuckled. "There are a lot of ways to relax and concentrate on something else."

"Yeah right, I want to go back to Minna."

"When?"

"Not sure. Anytime soon."

"You should go see your mother before then."

"And tell her what?"

"Apologise."

"For what Sis? Since when did I begin to tell her about everything that's going on with me? She found out I'm pregnant then okay, what's all the fuss about?"

"You're her daughter, and you're pregnant with your first child. It's normal you break the news to her yourself when you found out."

"On normal occasions, yes. But I myself ain't the happiest about having a baby following a divorce y'know. Moreover she won't let me hear the end of it and I'm not ready for her drama."

"Mami_"

"I have more then enough going on right now, I honestly don't want more."

Nabeelah stared at her quietly for a short while. "She's your mother Amira, no matter what."

"I don't hate her. I just don't like how she overeacts to some things at times."

Nabeelah sighed, wondering when Amira will realize their mother never forsook or hated her but actually loved her and is just trying to make it up to her the best way she could.

They ate as they watched a movie until the kids were back from school with their Dad, Na'eemah was at their mother's.

Amira headed to her sister's room since she's with her husband and the kids will only make her hate them if she stays in their room.

She played movies on her laptop and only stood up to pray asr. It's evening in no time and she helped her sister make dinner after which she prayed and went to watch cartoons with the kids.

There's a knock by the door not so long after and the salaam that came afterwards told her it's Yusuf. She retied her veil and went to get the door.

"Hey." He smiled at her which she reciprocated.