CHAPTER FORTY-TWO

Her fingers trailed over the smooth skin of his jaw, up into his long hair and she nuzzled his face, her lips meeting with his in a soft peck.

She moved away a little, smiled at how deep he slept.

Ali would've been awake the minute she touched him if he wasn't so tired and deep in slumber - something he obviously really needed.

They were going to Yola to finalize everything regarding the Lamidoship, Amira was relaxed about it cos she's sure nothing would go wrong after everything that's happened.

But most stuff were kept from  the Lamido, at least he should believe everything was good and fine even in his absence and they prayed and hoped he never finds out about anything that's kept from him like the reason behind his accident, Amira's divorce, even her miscarriage was left out and worse still was Ali's predicament.

And that's why his children decided to handle Barkindo themselves, quietly, and he attempting to make a hit on the Lamido again was what will surely cause him his life.

A Roland for an Oliver.

Amira cuddled on him and he hugged her tighter, still sleeping.

She smiled satisfiedly, happily, alhamdulillah.

There's nothing more she could ask for - well apart from having kids of her own, but Ali was everything she'd need in a man and more. He was her very own soulmate and she couldn't be gladder that she found him.

They laid quietly for a long time, he sleeping and she just listening to his heartbeat. After weeks of always sleeping to nightmares, it became harder for her to fall asleep and especially when she's alone.

She was alone cos he's asleep and that made it impossible to doze off, scared of another nightmare.

But she'd sleep in the morning, at least that'd be better than at night.

She lifted her head and watched him sleep gently, his lips parted slightly. Thoughts of their lovely night filled her head and her heart was so heavy with love it felt like it's about to burst open.

Who'd ever think Ali and Amira would one day be so much in love that losing their relationship was the worse thing they could ever go through?

"I love you Big guy, Princess loves you." She whispered, her fingers caressing his hair.

She lingered for some fleeting moments before slipping off him and out of the bed, grabbing his shirt that's laying carelessly on the bed and throwing it over her body. She adjusted the blanket on him and sighed lovingly, a smile stretching her lips. She leaned closer again and gave his temple a kiss, then she headed for the toilet.

She did what she would, dressed up in a simple A-line gown and began setting his luggage. She didn't know if he did that from Asokoro already but she still packed up everything he'd need since he's been living there with her for the past six weeks.

He's still sleeping when she's through even though she wasn't very quiet. She then tidied up the room, went to the balcony to get her phone and the book leaving every other thing for the house helps to take care of. Not like she could really.

She made wudu' and waited for subh after saying a naafil whispering adhkars and later reciting the Qur'an from her phone, something she's gotten more familiar with staying with Ali always.

It's quite true that living with someone gets you habituated to stuff they do, just like how he's helplessly into songs she listens to.

She didn't wake him up, not even after subh was called cos for him to sleep like that, then he really needed it.