CHAPTER FORTY-THREE

(((Edited with sleepy eyes, ignore errors please. Slept off while editing 🤧)))

EIGHT MONTHS LATER

"I told him I was gonna start walking around with knives, he thinks I'm joking."

"Whose child are you gonna kill?"

"Omo shey you dey take me play? Wait and see." She covered the pot to let the vegetables simmer. "This lady called him some nights ago and she's like 'hey sweetie' and I was like: sweetie? Who the hell is your sweetie? He kept laughing at me as the lady quietly ended the call. If I talk he'll start saying that I'm worrying pointlessly. He's mine and I don't like girls hitting on him."

"I can vouch for him not to falter but you can't really be too careful, at least he doesn't give you reasons to worry does he?"

"No he doesn't. I mean it's just been two months now but I still want him to put effort like I shouldn't be the one fighting alone, he should learn to put a full stop when random girls flirt with him. Small thing now he'll start saying he likes me cos I'm bold and that I should keep scaring them off, sai kace na zama dodo. (As if I'm a monster.)" She dumped the dishes she packed into the sink, pouting.

Amira sighed, walked over to her. "Then talk to him." She placed a palm on her shoulder. "Sit him down and talk to him. He won't know it really bothers you if you don't make it clear."

"I just don't want him to think that... I'm ungrateful or something."

"And why'd he think that way? He's your husband not God, and no spouse is doing their partner a favour by staying with them cos nobody's perfect, there's always something you constantly have to deal with with the other person."

"Nah, Yaya's perfect." She turned around and folded her arms. "Unlike me."

"Where's this coming from? Na'eemah you can't begin to have this negative thoughts at such a young age, millions have done worse and are living perfectly."

"Yeah maybe if he's a cheat I wouldn't be so bothered. He's just... he's too good to be true. I don't deserve him."

"Look you're a lost case but with time dear, your eyes will open up. Yes he's good, but who said you aren't? Not all men are blessed with such beautiful wives, a caring wife who's a super good cook, has high fashion sense, is smart and intelligent, blends with people in a matter of seconds, is obsessed with kids... you'll make a better mother than I will Na'eemah, and you're also a good wife. I can't begin to mention all the goodness in you girl they're a sea full."

"Don't flatter me." She tried to hide her blush.

Her sister's words did make her feel better but that still wouldn't hide the fact that Yusuf did for her what no man she knew would ever do for a lady even if he's head over heels in love with her and she'll forever respect him for that.

She turned off the fire and got a warmer to pour the soup in.

Yusuf was coming home after a week on a business trip - he's getting used to the whole thing thankfully, even though his brother still does a handful of work. Ali went to pick him up and she decided to make a feast for him to also celebrate their second month anniversary.

Na'eemah didn't expect that everyone would be so okay with she getting married to Yusuf, it almost felt like she's the only one actually not wanting it.

Her mother though was disturbed at first and she just had to ask her if he knew about what happened between her and Idris and when she affirmed, Hajiya Salmah was more relieved and adored him for taking such a step.