CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO

Salaam guys 👋

So here's a  short chapter... It couldn't be any longer.

And I don't know how to warn you but... there's gonna be a big plot twist, like a very huge and heartbreaking one, I've been afraid of updating this chappy honestly 😥

So brace yourselves, well, it's gonna hit hard, I myself cried tbh 😩😭

But I did nothing, the characters just act on their own 🥺

So here it goes...

Goodness I don't wanna do this...

Alright here we go...

In one...

Two...

Three... 😟

Okay, let's begin...

* * *

The table was set for breakfast. All were seated as they waited for Ali before commencing.

It's two days after the seventh day prayer and a day after the 'kiss'. He'd apologised for his rudeness and they had made up that very evening so it wasn't much of a deal.

But everyone wondered why he wanted everyone present for breakfast, he always had his meal in his room and very hardly steps out.

"He shouldn't have called us for this if he knew he won't make it." Aunt Zulaikha hissed and nobody responded.

He's taking longer than usual and Amira almost left to go check on him when he appeared.

He looked stoic, the usual right? But something about the aura he walked in with didn't sit well with Amira.

He made himself comfortable at the head of the table and Amira stood up to dish him his meal.

"Don't." He stopped her from doing so, his eyes not meeting with hers.

Amira felt he wasn't in a good mood so she didn't push it. He didn't even greet neither did he respond to greetings, he just poured some juice into his cup and urged them to eat which they did, the room deafeningly quiet and only sounds of cutlery was heard.

It's tense and uncomfortable to say the least but still nobody spoke, not even Aunt Zulaikha.

Amira took careful glances at the people on the table; Hajiya Halimah, Yusuf, Farida, Aunt Zulaikha, Asmaa'u, Aunt Fatima, his three cousins and their wives.