CHAPTER FOURTEEN

She turned over on the bed, batting her lashes as she tried to open her eyes. For a minute she's dumbfounded but when reality dawned on her, she hastily sat up.

I missed subh!!!

The sun was already up and bright, she could hear the streets busy from a distance and little voices too. A deep contrast to the mornings back at home, the only noise you can hear in the morning is distant subh adhaan, any other thing is within the compound.

Perks of staying in the outskirts of the town.

But then...

Where's Ali?

She got up from the bed and the rustic box of yesterday was nowhere to be found. His shoe was just where she'd left it so she assumed he's downstairs.

But why didn't he wake me up for subh?

Shoving away the thought, she headed for the door she assumed to be leading into the bathroom.

To her dismay, his yesterday sweatshirt and sweatpants were thrown in the handbasin.

When did Ali become so messy?

She put the clothes in the laundry basket there and performed wudu'.

After praying, she went downstairs admiring the interior. Must she describe? Just know Ali's all about maximalist.

The kitchen was just the way it's left yesternight, disordered.

She wondered where Ali was but before anything she tidied up the place and looked for a broom which she found at the yard and swept, dusted then mopped. She took a bottle of the pills with her, for research. She gotta know what his addiction is all about and if there's a possible way to get him out of it.

She's peckish so she got a Gala from the cabinet and took a Maltina from the fridge after making sure they weren't expired.

Ali sure has another addiction for sausage rolls.

After going around the three bedroom house and finding no trace of Ali, she got rid of the already empty can and wrap then stepped out.

The house wasn't very big, the courtyard was just midsize, the security's room attached to the gate, no roundabout or fountain, just lots of trees and shrubs around the walls and then a two-car garage sectioned from the building, though only a car was parked there; the one they came in last night.

Two men were seated on plastic chairs by the gate and both of them walked over to her when they noticed her standing there.

She recognised one of them as the man who opened the gate for she and Ali last night.

They greeted which she answered aptly to.

"Where's Ali?" She asked the only question looming in her head.

"He left earlier, but he told Musa here to take you home when you're done." The security pointed at the man in blue.

She glanced at the guy who flashed her a small smile. She didn't reciprocate. She loathes the idea of a driver but Ali doesn't seem to get it.

"For how long has he been gone?"

"About an hour and a half now." The other man said.

"Well take me home."

Musa okay-ed and got the keys from his kaftan pocket.

The car was parked before her in three minutes and the security man quickly opened the back door for her to which she voiced a 'thank you'.